We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Angular and controls configuration

Hi,
Is there any way to pass the configuration (including binding) through a single directive?
Instead of having half the settings in the html page and angular controller, eg.
<input ej-dropdownlist
       e-dataSource="vm.dropDownOptions.dataSource"
       e-fields="vm.dropDownOptions.fields"
       e-value="vm.dropDownOptions.value"
       e-enablePopupResize="true"
       e-enableFilterSearch="true"
       e-filterType="contains"
       />
You specify, eg.
<input ej-dropdownlist="vm.dropDownOptions" />
And any angular binding requires you to pass it in a bindingOptions object in the configuration object, so it'd look something like this in the controller file:
vm.dropDownOptions = {
    enablePopupResize=true,
    enableFilterSearch=true,
    filterType="contains"
    bindingOptions: {
        fields: 'vm.myDropDownObj.fields',
        value: 'vm.myDropDownObj.value'
    }
};
This is something DevExpress does similarly, which I find safer than duplicating my properties or splitting configuration across two files.

3 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team March 16, 2016 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Quinn Lau,
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.
We would like to inform you that we don’t have this support “set all property values in single custom attribute in angular mode” included in our controls right now and we assure you that it will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 Service Pack 1, 2016. 

Regards,
Prince

QU Quinn May 15, 2016 07:16 AM UTC

Hi,
I see 14.1.0.46 has been released. Reading the release notes, I see this functionality doesn't appear to be mentioned (or missed where it is mentioned).
Does this mean the functionality has been pushed back or will not to be implemented?

Thanks

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 17, 2016 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Quinn Lau,   

Sorry for the inconvenience.   

We regret to inform you that we have postponed the feature implementation to our volume 2 main release. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards,   
Prince   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon