We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

saving a word document merge template as docx using richtextboxadv save method breaks merge fields

Hello,

I'm saving all merge templates as byte arrays in the db, and want to amend them and do a mailmerge later.

I thought i could simply load the bytearray into the richtextbox, then add text, merge fields etc and save the whole thing again as docx
using the richtextbox save method but, later on, when i want to open this merge template again as worddocument to perform a mailmerge
it wont merge the fields with my data

I suspect the merge fields were broken after calling the save as docx on the richtextboxadv.

Can you hekp me on this ?

Thanks again

1 Reply

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 07:36 AM UTC

Hi Mourad,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were able to reproduce the merge field preservation issue on loading and resaving word document in SfRichTextBoxAdv control and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon