We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding merge field to winrt richtextboxadv places it at the very beginning of the document

Hello All,

Here are the steps to reproduce my issue

1 - Load the document into the richtextboxadv (mine was saved as docx byte[] in my db then im using a converter in xaml to convert byte[] back to docx like that <sync:richtextboxadv Document={Binding DocxBytes[], Converter={StaticResource BytesArrayToDocxDocument} ...)

2 - add a merge field to the richtextboxadv (im saving first my richtextboxadv document onto a worddocument as docx, then i call document.lastparagraph.appendfield(...)
3 - reload the richtextboxadv document (from the previously saved worddocument docx

i can see that the merge field has been added but instead of being added at the very end of my document, next to the last word, its added at the very beginning

Im using dll version 13.4.0.53

Thx for your work

3 Replies

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team March 9, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Mourad,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were not able to reproduce the mentioned “Adding merge field to WinRT SfRichTextBoxAdv places it at the very beginning of the document” issue at our end. We have prepared a sample tried on our side. Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the mentioned issue and kindly share us the same? So that we can investigate on it further and provide you with proper solution at the earliest.  Please do find the sample from below link.

Sample Link:
Sample

Regards,
Venkatesan M.

MO mourad March 13, 2016 11:15 PM UTC

Hello,

I managed to get it working using your sample
I have now an another question but i will open a separate post for it

Thanks again

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Mourad,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Venkatesan M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon