We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid inside Element Host

I have been developing a VSTO Excel Add-In. I try to use SfDatagrid for data displaying. Since VSTO apps require taskpanes, I have to use element host for my wpf usercontrol (in which SfDatagrid is included) This works when i try with different Syncfusion products like Autocomplete combobox etc. But, when i try SfDataGrid, I got following exception in ctor of the related usercontrol.

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
  HResult=-2146233087
  LineNumber=10
  LinePosition=5
  Message='Belirtilen bağlama kısıtlamalarıyla eşleşen 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SfDataGrid' türündeki oluşturucuyu çağırma işlemi özel durum döndürdü.' Satır numarası '10' ve satır konumu '5'.
  Source=PresentationFramework
  StackTrace:
       konum: System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  InnerException: 
       HResult=-2146233036
       Message='Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SfDataGrid' tür başlatıcısı özel durum döndürdü.
       Source=Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF
       TypeName=Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SfDataGrid
       StackTrace:
            konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SfDataGrid..ctor()
       InnerException: 
            HResult=-2147467261
            Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            Source=Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF
            StackTrace:
                 konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SR..ctor()
                 konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SR.GetLoader()
                 konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SR.GetString(CultureInfo culture, String name)
                 konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridResourceWrapper.get_GroupDropAreaText()
                 konum: Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SfDataGrid..cctor()

5 Replies

SR Sivakumar R Syncfusion Team March 3, 2016 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Kemal,

We had similar issue in our 13.2 version and it was fixed in 13.3 release version. Can you please let us know the essential studio version you are using? That will help us to analyze this issue further.

If you are using 13.2 version of essential studio, then upgrade to our latest version (13.4.0.58) to get the issue fixed.

If you are using latest version of essential studio, then can you add the default resource files of SfDataGrid into your project and check if this solves the problem.

http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfdatagrid/localization#editing-default-culture-resource

Regards,
Sivakumar

KA Kemal Atli replied to Sivakumar R March 11, 2016 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Kemal,

We had similar issue in our 13.2 version and it was fixed in 13.3 release version. Can you please let us know the essential studio version you are using? That will help us to analyze this issue further.

If you are using 13.2 version of essential studio, then upgrade to our latest version (13.4.0.58) to get the issue fixed.

If you are using latest version of essential studio, then can you add the default resource files of SfDataGrid into your project and check if this solves the problem.

http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfdatagrid/localization#editing-default-culture-resource

Regards,
Sivakumar

I am really sorry for the late feedback. After installing latest version of Essential Studio and refering to latest dlls, my problem has been solved. Thank you for your quick response Sivakumar it is working perfectly right now.

AP Ashwini Paranthaman Syncfusion Team March 14, 2016 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Kemal,
We are glad that your issue has been fixed.
Please let us know if you need any other assistance.
Regards,
Ashwini P.

BS Bradley Schultz August 8, 2018 09:06 PM UTC

Appears this issue is back with 16.2.0.41 and 46. I am using an element host and when I use the 16.2.0.41 or 46 I get an error very similar to below. When I am using 16.1.0.37 all is fine.

b  r  a  d

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team August 9, 2018 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Bradly,

You can follow-up the reported exception issue with the incident which you have created for this query in your account to get it solved.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon