We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Print and export Gantt

Hi,

Is it possible to print and / or export the gantt diagram ? I guess it's not at the moment but I would like to know if it is planned because it's an important feature for my project.

Thanks,
Rémi.

13 Replies

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team March 2, 2016 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Remi,

At Present there is no support to Print or exporting the Gantt chart. So we have already logged a feature report regarding this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

TR Trevor October 24, 2016 09:48 AM UTC

Any update on this?

Regards
Trevor

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team October 25, 2016 03:06 PM UTC

Hi Trevor, 
Apologize for the delay. 
We are currently working on providing support for exporting in Gantt. The features regarding printing and exporting for Gantt will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. We will update you once this feature has got implemented. 
Regards,        
Jone sherine P S 

KW Karol Wlodarek December 19, 2016 08:46 AM UTC

Hi,

I also need this addition to my project. 
When is the planned date of the introduction of this functionality?

Regards
Karol

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team December 20, 2016 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Karol, 
We have already implemented the feature regarding “Support for excel export in Gantt” Now we can export the Gantt in Excel by using “toolbarClick” client side events. 
Please find the code example below: 
$("#GanttContainer").ejGantt({ 
                toolbarSettings: { 
                    showToolbar: true, 
                    toolbarItems: [ 
                    ej.Gantt.ToolbarItems.ExcelExport, 
                    ] 
                }, 
                toolbarClick: toolbarclick 
            });         
        function toolbarclick(args) { 
            var id = $(args.currentTarget).attr("id"); 
            this.exportGrid = this["export"]; 
            if (id == "GanttContainer_excelExport") {                this.exportGrid('http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/ejServices/api/Gantt/ExcelExport', "", false); 
            args.cancel = true; 
            } 
        } 
Please find the online demo sample for your reference: 
We have also prepared the sample based on this, please find the sample from below location 
Currently we are working on PDF export support for Gantt control, it will be included once the feature got implemented. 
Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

KW Karol Wlodarek December 21, 2016 07:26 AM UTC

Hi

When i thought about exporting i meant such a something a screenshot my gantt chart.
It is possible?

Regards,
Karol

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team December 27, 2016 05:59 PM UTC

Hi Karol, 
We have prepared the sample to export the Gantt control to PDF format, in this sample Gantt control is rendered in single page. 
Currently we are working on various customization support for this feature, we will update you once the feature got implemented. 
Please find the sample from below location. 
Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

KW Karol Wlodarek February 14, 2017 09:36 AM UTC

Hi,

I would like to ask you how does the progress with Gantt PDF export look.

Regards Karol

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team February 15, 2017 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Karol, 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 
Currently we are working in a feature regarding Gantt PDF exporting. This will be available in our upcoming volume 2, 2017 main release. 
Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

ZZ zzh April 17, 2017 08:32 AM UTC

Hi,
 i run the demo you provide, but the chart got bugs as in the attached, is this a common issue? Another question is can your company provide class lib for java developer ( jar files) to create pdf/excel files on our own server, as the network problem cause to wait so long to download files. thanks

Attachment: Gantt_b9f73db.rar

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team April 18, 2017 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Zzh, 

Please find the below response. 

Query 1: i run the demo you provide, but the chart got bugs as in the attached, is this a common issue? 

Solution: As we provided Gantt PDF export sample in the earlier update was prepared with work around by using HTML to PDF converter. It will convert the HTML page into PDF file. We would like to inform you that we have implemented inbuild PDF export support in Gantt and it will be included in our upcoming volume 2 main release which is available at the end of the April 2017. 

Query 2: can your company provide class lib for java developer ( jar files) to create pdf/excel files on our own server, as the network problem cause to wait so long to download files. 
Solution: We don’t have jar file support to create pdf/excel files in server side. In already provided sample we have used exporting service for export operation it causes some delay depends on server. In our current implementation, we can use the DLL’s for export operation with web methods in ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC. It will reduce the time delay. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

ZZ zzh April 19, 2017 03:35 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, as i am using java Spring MVC for the server side, the dlls can not be used, so i use a screen capture extension in chrome called fireShot to get the full chart image, attached is the result.  But it need to remove the inner scroll bar in the gantt chart and set the html body style overflow:scroll. Is there any way to show the whole gantt chart without inner scroll bar? keep me notified if any solution is available, thanks very much.

Attachment: FireShot_Capture_18__Essential_Studio_for_JavaScript___Gant___file____C__Users_ZZH_Desktop_PDF2_1f13e101.rar

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Zzh, 

We can remove the horizontal and vertical scrollbar of the Gantt by increase the height and width of the Gantt control dynamically. It can be achieved by update the value of “sizeSettings” & splitterSettings properties. 
Please refer following code snippet for calculating total height & width of the Gantt control. 
function updateGanttSize() { 
            var ganttObj = $("#GanttContainer").ejGantt("instance"), 
            toolbarHeight = $("#GanttContainer_toolbarItems").outerHeight(), 
            model = ganttObj.model, width, totalLen = 0, 
            treeObj = ganttObj._$treegridHelper.ejTreeGrid("instance");             

var treeWidth = $("#ejTreeGrid" + ganttObj._id + "e-table").outerWidth() + 1, 
                chartWidth = $("#ganttviewerbodyContentejGanttChart" + ganttObj._id).outerWidth() + 2; 

totalLen = treeObj.getExpandedRecords(model.updatedRecords); 
            //To calculate the height of Gantt as per records count 
            var height = model.rowHeight * totalLen.length + treeObj.getHeaderContent().height() + toolbarHeight + 2,            
                width = treeWidth + chartWidth + 9; 
            //Resizing Gantt and update splitter bar position 
            var sizesettings = { height: height.toString(), width: width.toString() }, 
                splitterSettings = { position: treeWidth.toString() }; 
            ganttObj.setModel({ "sizeSettings": sizesettings, "splitterSettings":splitterSettings }); 
        } 

We have also prepared a sample for your reference. Please find the sample link as below, 
Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon