We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Preventing the group from being collapsed.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

123233 Feb 28,2016 05:03 AM Feb 28,2016 10:54 PM WPF 1
Tags: SfDataGrid
Pruthvi
Asked On February 28, 2016 05:03 AM

Hi,

I have a requirement where some of the group should not be collapsible, so I have added the below code on OnGroupCollapsed method where I am checking if the group is "Component #1" then we are setting the group.IsExpand=True.

private void SfDataGrid_OnGroupCollapsed(object sender, GroupChangedEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Group.Key.Equals("Component #1"))

{

e.Group.IsExpanded = true;

}

}

With this above code what we are noticing is that for the group "Component #1" when user clicks on collapse the group does not collapse [As needed] but what i also notice is that some of the rows down below are getting removed and we are getting an ArgumentOutofRangeException.

Can you please let me know why we are getting this exception when we are not deleting any row here. Attached is the sample application.

Thanks

Attachment: SampleGrid_774f2988.7z

Sivakumar R [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Hi Pruthvi,

You can achieve your requirement by handling GroupCollapsing event instead of GroupCollapsed event.

this.datagrid.GroupCollapsing += Datagrid_GroupCollapsing;

private void Datagrid_GroupCollapsing(object sender, GroupChangingEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Group.Key.Equals("Component #1"))

{

e.Cancel = true;

}
}

Thanks,
Sivakumar

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;