We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Inline editing vs Inline form editing

Hi,

I would like to use inline editing for the update action and inline form/inline template for add option.

for update I would like to use the code
.EditSettings(edit => { edit.AllowAdding().AllowDeleting().AllowEditing(); })

for add I would like to use the code
.EditSettings(edit => { edit.AllowAdding().AllowDeleting().AllowEditing().EditMode(EditMode.InlineFormTemplate).InlineFormTemplateID("#template");  })

Is there any way? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

kind regards,
Shanzida

1 Reply

KN Kavitha Narayanan Syncfusion Team February 26, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Shanzida,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: I would like to use inline editing for the update action and inline form/inline template for add option.

Use Toolbar for update and add option:

We use OnToolbarClickEvent client side event for normal editing to update action and inline form for add option with the help of below code.

ClientSideEvents(eve=>eve.OnToolbarClickEvent("toolBarEvent").OnRecordDoubleClickEvent("recordClick").OnActionSuccess("sucess"))

function toolBarEvent(sender,args)

{

if ($(args._currentItem).find(".EditItem").length > 0) {

sender._editMode = "Normal"; //set normal edit

}

if($(args._currentItem).find(".AddNewItem").length > 0)

sender._editMode = "InlineForm"; //set inlineform edit
    }

When double click on the row:

We use “OnRecordDoubleClickEvent” event for normal editing to update action when double click the row.

Please refer to the code and sample:

[code]

.ClientSideEvents(eve=>eve.OnToolbarClickEvent("toolBarEvent").OnRecordDoubleClickEvent("recordClick").OnActionSuccess("sucess"))

function recordClick(sender, args)

{

sender._editMode = "Normal"; //set normal edit on double click on the row
    }

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123201/ze/sample1155919959.zip

Regards,
Kavitha N.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon