We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sizing a dropdowngrid to show data without scrolling

I would like to size the dropdowngrids in my VB.Net application to match the embedded grid size so all data are displayed without scroll bars. Is there a way to set the grid display area to the grid size? Can I make this the default behavior for my application?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2004 11:45 AM UTC

Are you talking about using the dropdown grids as shown in the grid\samples\in depth\dropdowngrids sample? If so, this code work for me in the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event in 2030. '' subscribe to the event in FormLoad... AddHandler gridControl1.CurrentCellShowingDropDown, AddressOf gridControl_CurrentCellShowingDropDown '' the handler Private Sub gridControl_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs) Dim cc As GridCurrentCell = Me.gridControl1.CurrentCell If cc.Renderer.GetType() Is GetType(DropDownGridCellRenderer) Then Dim grid As GridControl = CType(cc.Renderer.Model, DropDownGridCellModel).EmbeddedGrid grid.HScrollBehavior = GridScrollbarMode.Disabled grid.VScrollBehavior = GridScrollbarMode.Disabled Dim w As Integer = grid.Model.ColWidths.GetTotal(0, grid.Model.ColCount) + 16 Dim h As Integer = grid.Model.RowHeights.GetTotal(0, grid.Model.RowCount) + 16 e.Size = New Size(w, h) End If End Sub

RH Ron Huebner March 25, 2004 03:25 PM UTC

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon