We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docked Controls & Drag Drop

I have some controls docked with the DockingManager. If I try to do a drag & drop operation from one control to another, I can''t activate the control with moving the mouse over the docking tab. Is there any way to do that or can''t I activate a docked control during a drag & drop operation? If thats not a feature of the current versions I would also appreciate a workaround. Peter

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2004 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Peter, Please provide us more information here. What are you referring to here when you say "drag & drop operation from one control to another" ? If you are having 2 instances of DockingManager, (for example : DockingManagers in both MDI child and parent or DockingManagers on both the host form as well as the UserControl present on thst form etc.) and you wish to drag and drop a control associated with one DockingManager and dock it to the other DockingManager''s ContainerControl, then such a thing is not supported in our docking windows framework. I would really appreciate if you could send us a sample application explaining what you wish to do (with respect to the sample) and the problem that you are presently facing. You could activate any docked control using the the DockingManager''s ActivateControl method as shown below : DockingManager.ActivateControl(ctrl); Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

PE Peter March 25, 2004 01:05 PM UTC

If you use the MDI docking sample you see what I wanna do: Dragging text from "notes 1" to "notes 2" control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2004 06:06 PM UTC

Hi Peter, I have attached a sample application here that shows how text can be dragged and dropped from one docked control to another. Please refer to it and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate you interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

LL Louis-Charles Levasseur April 6, 2004 12:37 PM UTC

I think I got the same problem for the drag & drop. I the sample application, simply set the target window to autohide mode. During the drag&drop if you hover the mouse over the tab of the second control, the windows doesn''t open like it does during normal operation or like Visual Studio does. Gaetan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 09:48 PM UTC

Hi Gaetan, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do realise that this is a shortcoming of our docking windows architecture, and a QA report #445 has been logged in this regard. We will try our very best to fix this at the earliest and include the fixes in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal SYncfusion, Inc.

PE Peter April 7, 2004 09:46 AM UTC

Which version are you using for the sample application? I even can''t compile it with 1.6.1.8. Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Peter, The above sample was created using Essential Suite v2.0.3.0. Please open an incident in DirectTrac if you wish to receive our latest v2.0 release. I have modified my previous sample such that it is now v1.6 compatible and have attached_it_here. Let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal SYncfusion, Inc.

PE Peter April 8, 2004 06:08 AM UTC

This sample didn''t meet my requirements. I attached the modified sample which shows what I wanna do. The question is still the same: How to drag & drop the text from TextBox1 to TextBox2. Peter TextBox_Drag_Drop_3161_300.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2004 03:07 AM UTC

Hi Peter, Thanks for the modified sample. I see your problem here. But like I Mentioned earlier in my response to Gaetan, this is a shortcoming in our docking windows architecture. The tabs in a tabbed group of docking windows or autohidden tabs do not get activated when you drag an object and hover over the tab. I have updated QA report #445 with your request, and we will try our very best to fix this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your patience, and thanks a lot for your feedback. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

PE Peter May 14, 2004 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Guru, can you please give me a timeframe in which this feature will be included in the product? It''s a badly needed feature and I have to decide what to do, if I can''t get it. Regards Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2004 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Peter, I have once again notified the development team about this issue, and have upped the priority of the related QA report. Though I am unable to promise you any turnaround time, rest assured, we will try our very best to accomodate your request in a timely manner. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon