We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager does not manages its child windows size and positions

Hello, I am using docking manager in my application. I am serializing the docking manager for saveing its state. When i reopen the application the docking manager does not maintains its child controls position and size properly. Here is i am attaching a sample for your referece. 1. Run the application. 2. Add as many as controls(more than 5 controls). 3. Float some of the docking controls and resize it 4. Resize some of the docking controls. 5. Close the application(On closing the application i am serializing the docking Manager). 6. Reopen the application. 7. Click the Load menu on Docking Menu. How can i solve the problem. Thanks Suresh Mani. SizeMonitor_2608.zip SizeMonitor_5036.zip

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2004 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Suresh, I have created a incident in DirectTrac in this regard, and will update you there from now on. In future, please address all your queries through DirectTrac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SM Suresh Mani March 25, 2004 10:17 AM UTC

Hello Guru Patwal, Thanks for your reply and sample. My pervious sample may not be clearly expose the exact problem. Here i am attaching a new sample. Please run the application and you will come to know the problem. 1. Run the application. 2. Add as many as child controls, rearrange and resize them in different view say Docking/Floating. 3. Close the application(I am saving the docking manager state o closing the application). 4. Re-Open the application. 5. Click the load menu from File menu. First time the DockingManager may restores the states properly. If you close and reopen again and again (2 to 3 times), it is not restoring the child controls size and position properly. Let me know how the fix this issue. Thanks Suresh Mani SizeChanged_1258.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2004 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Suresh, I have tested for this issue in v2.0.3.0 and the application seems to be working fine for the first time you load the docking layout. The DockingManager correctly saves the size and positional information as shown in the screenshots attached here. But for subsequent loads the docking windows do not show up because of a logical error in persisting the runtime docking windows ArrayList. I have now done the necesary changes in code (see the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler code snippet below) and it works fine now. private void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (flag==0) { flag=1; ArrayList temp = new ArrayList(); AppStateSerializer aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.BinaryFile,"DockForm"); temp = (ArrayList) aser.DeserializeObject("RuntimeControls"); if (temp !=null) { for(int i=0; i this.RuntimeDockingWindows.Add(temp[i]); } } } I have also attached the modified sample here : http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/10042_sample_modified.zip Please try this and let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your feedback on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SU SureshMani March 26, 2004 04:04 AM UTC

Hellow Guru Patwal, I think you haven''t seen my new sample named SizeChanged.zip. Please go through it. The Child controls position and size are not properly remebered by the DockingManager on saving/loading the application. Here i am again attaching the sample application. Please unzip the file and run the application. 1. Run the application. 2. Add as many as child controls, rearrange and resize them in different view say Docking/Floating. 3. Close the application(I am saving the docking manager state o closing the application). 4. Re-Open the application. 5. Click the load menu from File menu. Thanks Suresh Mani. SizeChanged_3483.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Suresh, Thanks for the update. I missed your earlier sample, and my apologies in this regard. I have tested for this issue in v2.0.3.0 using your new sample and it seems to work fine here. Please refer to the screenshots attached here, which shows how I went about testing this. Let me know if I have missed something. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SU SureshMani March 29, 2004 08:44 AM UTC

Hello Guru Patwal, Thanks for your reply and screenshots. If you compare last two screen shots, you will notice that the postion of floating control(Window Text 358) is changed. If you close and re-load the state again, you can find the problem i told. Usually first time loading doesn''t address the problem much. If you close/re-load consecutively you can see the problem. Let me know again after doing the above. Thanks Suresh Mani >Hi Suresh, > >Thanks for the update. I missed your earlier sample, and my apologies in this regard. I have tested for this issue in v2.0.3.0 using your new sample and it seems to work fine here. Please refer to the screenshots attached here, which shows how I went about testing this. Let me know if I have missed something. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2004 02:38 PM UTC

Hi Suresh, Thanks for the update. I do see this problem in your sample. I have contacted the development team for their inputs on this issue, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SU SureshMani April 1, 2004 02:12 AM UTC

Hi Guru Patwal, Thanks for your update. I am waiting for your reply. Let me know the soultion as soon as possible. Thanks Suresh Mani

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 09:15 PM UTC

Hi Suresh, I have requested the development team for information regarding the status of this issue, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SU SureshMani April 19, 2004 12:52 AM UTC

Hi, Can you please update the fix or status for this problem. Thanks Suresh Mani

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2004 03:16 AM UTC

Hi Suresh, After having consulted the development team on this issue, I would like to inform you that the positional information of the floating windows is saved correctly. The positional information is saved with respect to the background (screen) and not the host form. The host form might be displayed at different locations on the screen everytime the application is run, but the floating windows are displayed at the exact positions at which they were previously saved. However, it does give an impression as if the floating windows have changed their position, as the relative positioning of the host form and floating windows is not maintained. Please refer to the screenshots attached here which illustrate this, and let me know if you have any suggestions on this one. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon