We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to get started on syncfusion controls for ASP.NET MVC

Hi,

I am trying to get started on using the sync fusion controls for ASP.NET MVC 5.

I have followed the exact instructions from the following url
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/getting-started#mvc-5-application

I used syncfusion nuget source to download the references.

My application runs fine but I can't get any of the sync fusion controls working. I am attaching a sample where I tried to use date picker.

The frustrating part, i do not get errors to try to identify what is happening. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Attachment: WebApplication1_d813e97f.zip

1 Reply

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team February 3, 2016 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have checked your sample and we suspect that the issue was caused due to the UnobstrusiveJavaScriptEnabled been set to true in your web.config file and there is no “ej.unotrusive.min.js” file is included in your application, which is required to render the EJ components in unobtrusive enabled application.

By default, in web application Unobtrusive setting is enabled in application’s web.config, on initial creation. You need to change its value to false in your application as shown below,

[web.config]

<appSettings>

<add key="webpages:Version" value="3.0.0.0"/>

<add key="webpages:Enabled" value="false"/>

<add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/>

<add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="false"/>
  </appSettings>

Or  else,  if you require the Unobtrusive to be set to true in your application, then you need to include the ej.unobtrusive.min.js file as a reference to your application in order to render the EJ components properly.

Please refer to the below code example

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.globalize.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jsrender.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ej/ej.unobtrusive.min.js")"></script>

Please check the given solution and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Sasikala Nagarajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon