We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Build fails if referencing "Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML"

I get following fatal build error if I only add a reference to "Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML" (13.4.0.53) without any code changes:

2>Task "CompileXaml"
2>MSBUILD : error MSB4166: Child node "2" exited prematurely. Shutting down. Diagnostic information may be found in files in the temporary files directory named MSBuild_*.failure.txt.

I could not find file MSBuild_*.failure.txt. Error disappears if I remove the reference. I cannot build sample project "SampleBrowser_2015" either, although in that case there is not any clear error message (other than "build failed").

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise (latest version).

Any ideas?

2 Replies

KI kine January 28, 2016 05:23 PM UTC

Fixed. I uninstalled the whole Enterprise Studio 13.4.0.53 and also the earlier version 13.2.* that had been left into my PC after previous installation. Then I installed only the package "UWP" and not the whole suite as I did earlier. Don't really know what was the issue, but now it works.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team January 29, 2016 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Markku,

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon