We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Export to Excel 2016 with correct formatting

I have been trying for some time to import an Excel file, perform a few minor functions and then export, while maintaining the original cell formatting (alignment, merge, bold, etc etc)
I have had little to no success with the number of methods I have tried.
These was some success with a virtualgrid, but any format changes (alignment, merge etc) would be immediately overwritten with the original formatting.

I have attached one of your samples "Cell Customization Demo" with a save added.
On opening the saved file, you will see the formatting has been mangled.

The documentation at Syncfusion is nothing short of terrible.

Attachment: Cell_Customization_Demo_c78ddb65.zip

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team January 25, 2016 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Vince,

Thanks you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We regret for inconvenience cause, We are not able to reproduce the reported issue in our end. We have modified the samples as per your needed. Please provide more information like screenshots or videos to reproduce the issue. So that we can able to provide the exact solution.

Please find the modified sample below, here initially Imported the excel file. And Customize the cells by click the Customize button and save as excel file.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121772/ze/Cell_Customization_Demo-1933319147

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards
Jagadeesan

VI Vince January 25, 2016 08:16 PM UTC

I have attached an example after downloading and running  Cell_Customization_Demo_c78ddb65.zip

The example was opened, Customized was clicked, then the sample opened in Excel 2016.
Clearly the output formatting is mangled.

Attachment: mangledExcel1_66acfb5e.zip

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team January 26, 2016 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the update.

We have created an incident  on behalf of you. Our support engineer will assist you through incident. We request you to follow with the incident for further details.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards,
Jagadeesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon