We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Column Color Based on Value

We need to create charts wherein the color of a column is based on the value.  For example, if the value was less than 10 the color would be red and above 50 it would be green.  Is this possible with the Syncfusion chart controls? 

5 Replies

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 4, 2016 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We can achieve your requirement using the Custom Color Palette feature. We have prepared the sample for your requirement. Please find the sample from the following location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121565/ze/ChartSample-1926942039  

Regards,
Magesh Kumar K

MO Michael O'Connor January 7, 2016 01:39 PM UTC

Magesh:

Thanks for the sample.  I'm having trouble understanding how this works though.

Based on the values in the data you're adding potential colors to the series but I don't see how those colors are tied to specific values.  If a value exists anywhere in the data less than 10 red becomes one of the colors the chart can use but I don't see how the chart knows that the specific column representing the <10 value should be red.  As a result in my code the colors are all in the chart but they are not being used on the correct columns.

Does that make sense?  What am I missing?

thanks, 

Michael

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 8, 2016 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Micheal,

Currently, we are unable to set the color directly based on the data range as you expected. But, instead we can define the color for each data points based on the condition using CustomBrushes. In our previous sample, we have populated the color for each data points based on the condition in GenerateColors method.

Regards,
Magesh Kumar K

PJ Pawan Jindal September 6, 2016 07:33 PM UTC

Hello,

We are creating a bar chart that shows negative and positive values using Syncfusion chart control for Xaml forms. We want to show all the negative values red and positive as green. Is it possible to customize the color of the data point of the series in xaml?

thanks,
PJ

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team September 7, 2016 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Pawan Jindal,

We have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this query. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents   

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon