We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

filter data based on current User / User data permissions (row-level)

Tables and Views contain data for all sales reps in an organization.  Sales Rep "John" needs to see his data and should not be able to see Sales Rep "Bob'"s data.   How do we implement this row-level filtering based on the currently logged in User?  I couldn't find any information in the documents that described this scenario, so any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Louis

5 Replies

NR Nigin Raj E.C Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Louis ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently we do not have an option to achieve your requirement. We have planned to provide Row level filtering based on current logged in user in our upcoming release on January 2016. As a workaround, you could use URL parameter feature available to restrict the data showcased in viewer. But this is just a work around and does not provide any security. To filter the dashboard view based on a specific user you could type in the following as a parameter with “&” symbol included at prefix to differentiate the basic link and the parameters.

Column Name=Name
Eg:
http://dashboardserver.syncfusion.com/dashboards/view?id=275acc8f-e30d-4b5d-9899-d05d09e9be6e&CustomerName=Brown

On navigating to the above link, only the data relating to the Customer “Brown” will be showcased.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Nigin Raj E C

LL Louis Lavin February 22, 2016 10:12 PM UTC

Hi, I am looking for an update on the issue of being able to restrict data based on the current logged in User.  The last reply indicated I should be looking for the "January 2016" update for this feature.  Is there any update on the January release (now that it is towards the end of February)?  I am looking forward to the update, but need to make some plans for our immediate development needs.

Thank you,
Louis

NR Nigin Raj E.C Syncfusion Team February 23, 2016 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your patience .

Row wise security based on user impersonation using Active Directory account is available from our SP2 release (v1.1.0.159) that was made available on 29th January 2016. To explore this functionality, you need to configure the Dashboard Server to use Active Directory account, and the reports that are published in server should have authentication type set as Impersonate. Please follow the below steps to enable impersonation for the dashboard.

1.     In the “Publish Dashboard” window, click on Authentication button
2.       Select the data source and set the Authentication Type as Impersonate
           http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121493/ze/Publish_Window1545072843

In our main release which is planned on March 2016, we will provide option in dashboard designer for user based filtering in which you can explicitly configure the data to be showcased in a dashboard for each individual user or group.

Regards,
Nigin Raj E C

JT Joshua Taylor April 22, 2016 01:36 PM UTC

Hi.

Is the user-based filtering Nigin mentioned currently available?  (And is there documentation that someone could point me towards?)

Thanks!

-Josh

NR Nigin Raj E.C Syncfusion Team April 25, 2016 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Josh, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to some complications in our end we had to drop off User based filter feature from our recent release. We will be providing this feature in our next release. 

Regards, 
Nigin Raj E C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon