We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Themes not applied when using ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManager

Hi,
Question 1:
I'm trying to use the Flat-Lime theme with all of my application's aspx page.
I need to use the ASP.NET Ajax UpdatePanel in one of them so I need to declare the ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManager for the UpdatePanel to work. But when theASP.NET Ajax ScriptManger is invoked, the theme Flat-Lime is not applied anymore to all of the Syncfusion controls on the page. Instead the Default-Theme is applied.
All script is correctly declared as follows in the master page (scripts are locally copied to the application's folder):

<link rel='nofollow' href="Content/ej/web/flat-lime/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src="Scripts/ej/external/jquery-1.11.3.min.js">script>

<script src="Scripts/ej/external/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js">script>

<script src="Scripts/ej/external/jquery.globalize.min.js">script>

<script src="Scripts/ej/external/jsrender.min.js">script>

<script src="Scripts/ej/web/ej.web.all.min.js">script>

<script src="Scripts/ej/common/ej.webform.min.js">script>

What could be the problem? How to use a particular Syncfusion theme?

Question 2:

Is it mandatory to use the ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManager on all page which uses Syncfusion controls even if not usingASP.NET Ajax Updatepanel?

It seems that when the ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManageris not declared, the server side code behind of all Syncfusion control doesn't execute. For example, the code behind to handle the event OnValueSelect on a Syncfusion DropDownlist doesn't execute if the ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManager is not declared.

Thanks in advance.

Rapops

5 Replies

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Rapops,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Question 1:  Flat lime theme is not referred when script manager invoked.

It seems, dependent script and CSS files are referred from both assembly and local application that’s why default theme have referred even though we referred it locally. So we suggest to set false to LoadEJResourcesFromAssembly in App Setting of web.config file which prevents that dependent files would embed from an assembly.

Please find the below web.config changes:

<appSettings>

<add key="LoadEJResourcesFromAssembly" value="false"/>

</appSettings>

Question 2:” Is it mandatory to use the ASP.NET Ajax ScriptManager on all page which uses Syncfusion controls even if not usingASP.NET Ajax Updatepanel?

Yes, ASP Script Manager is mandatory to invoke the server side event for Syncfusion controls. So we suggest you to include ASP Script Manager by default in your master page.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Arun P

AL Alisasmith December 23, 2015 05:54 AM UTC

Yeah! The ASP Script Manager is obligatory on all pages as it control oversees customer script for Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX pages. As a matter of course, the Script Manager control enrolls the script for the Microsoft AJAX Library with the page. This empowers customer script to utilize the sort framework expansions and to bolster elements, for example, Web-service calls and fractional page rendering.

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team December 24, 2015 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Alisasmith,

Thank you for sharing with us the details about ASP ScriptManager.

Let us know if you have any other queries. We are happy to help you out.

Regards,
Ezhil S

GO Gabriel Obando May 19, 2016 08:16 PM UTC

Hello, thanks, for this, i was having a similar problem for 2 days and didn't know how to solve it, looking through the forums I found this and this fixed my problem too.

PN Preethi Nesakkan Gnanadurai Syncfusion Team May 20, 2016 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Alisasmith, 

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been fxed.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  
Preethi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon