We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The SQL Server could not be contacted

Hi! 
I did the installation of the Syncfusion Dashboard Designer in Windows 2008 Server (Virtual Machine). 
I did the installation of the IIS 7 and SQL Server 2012 Express with Tools in the same VM with default installation. TCP/IP enable. It seems that is working well. 
I did a Dashboard from the Sql Server datasource, but when I tryied to Preview appears an error in the web browser: 'The SQL Server could not be contacted'
I disable the firewal and start the SQL Server Browser services, but it is not solve the problem.
Please let me know if the Preview works without the Dashboard Server or what else I need to setup. 

Attachment: Error1_ff29e38b.zip

3 Replies

VK Vinod Kumar R Syncfusion Team December 18, 2015 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Arthur,
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.
 The preview in Syncfusion Dashboard Designer don't require Syncfusion Dashboard Server to be installed as a prerequisite. It will work. The reason for the issue that you faced might be due to the local account settings in SQL server w.r.t Windows Service. Please follow the procedure as suggested in the attached document which is a simplified reference from the MSDN blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dataaccesstechnologies/archive/2010/01/30/testing-connection-to-sql-server-from-a-service-running-under-local-system-account.aspx) to get this problem resolved at your end.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/146733/ze/Running_windows_service_with_Local_connection894863326
Also we would like to inform you that this problem will no longer occur in our Syncfusion Dashboard Platform v1.1.0.136 (Service Pack) as we replaced running our Dashboard Service as Windows Service with IIS Express in our installation process. The setup is available for download under the following link 
http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/121454/syncfusion-dashboard-server-v1-1-0-136-service-pack-is-available-for-download.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Regards,
Vinod

AR Arthurj December 18, 2015 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for you help! 

I tryed to setup the SQL Server account following the link suggested, but I can not setup the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM in Sql Server because appears a message error that does not exist this account. 

Then I decided to install the new patch, but this file is missing the folder Utilities without the Syncfusion Dashboard Service and appears a message error attached. 

Then I did a copy of the folder Utilities from the older version, but the error still happened. 

Then I decided to back to the older version that seems more stable and I did the installation of the Dashboard Server. Now I can see the dashboard running in the server, it is wonderfull, but I can not use the Dashboard Preview in the Designer. Please let me know when the patch will be ok.

Attachment: serviceerror_50842946.zip

VK Vinod Kumar R Syncfusion Team December 19, 2015 03:43 AM UTC

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your update.

As we mentioned in our previous update, we replaced the deployment of dashboard service running in windows service with the one hosted in IIS Express to avoid the overhead of running the service as a background process always even when not in use. Hence, you cannot find the Utilities folder. W.r.t the error message that you got with our service pack, it instructs that IIS Express as a prerequisite on top of which Syncfusion Dashboard Designer need to be installed. This has been illustrated in the System Requirements page below.
http://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/system-requirements#software-requirements

Can you please install IIS Express and then install our service pack build? It will no longer display the message that you specified while running the preview.

Regarding the "SQL Server could not be contacted" error message after previewing the dashboard, the above mentioned reinstallation process should take care of this issue, as the problem is suspected to be with the NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM account configuration in SQL Server at your end.  Please let us know if the issue still exists.

Regards,
Vinod

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon