We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Item naming in Cube Dimension Browser

I've non-hierarchical items in my mondrian schema, like:
<Dimension visible="true" name="Dates">
<Hierarchy name="Year" visible="true" primaryKey="ID" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All">
    <Table name="DateDimensions"/>
    <Level name="Year" visible="true" column="Year" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="true"/>
</Hierarchy>
<Hierarchy name="Half Year" visible="true" primaryKey="ID" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All">
    <Table name="DateDimensions"/>
    <Level name="Half Year" visible="true" column="Half_Year" type="Integer" uniqueMembers="false" />
</Hierarchy>

That runs fine. In the Cube Dimension Browser I see them nicely under "Dates". But when I drag an item to the row the name is always Dates (see attachment).

Isn't it possible to show the highest Level name instead of the Dimension name?

So in my case I'd see Year, Month.

And in case of a hierarchical dimension, like in your Adventure Works sample, no "Date" will be shown, but "Fiscal Year".

Attachment: 20151217_162948_7d4abd1a.rar

3 Replies

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 18, 2015 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

There are chances of having the same hierarchy names for more than one dimension, as given in the below screenshot. If we have hierarchy name instead of dimension name in the SplitButton, for the below scenario, it would be misleading, like “which hierarchy belongs to which dimension”.

To avoid this, we need to place the hierarchy name along with the respective dimension name in the SplitButton. But in such cases, it would take too much space inside the SplitButton that may create layout problem (appearance may look alike). So only the dimension name are displayed. Microsoft Excel also has the same behavior. 

To overcome all these problems, we have provided the following support to show hierarchy name along with the respective dimension:

1.       In tooltip, while hovering over the SplitButton.

2.       Inside the Member Editor dialog.  

Also, please find the video below for your reference. 
Video Link:  https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121472/ze/video1418230549

Regards,
Ramesh G

FV frank van den bergh December 18, 2015 10:01 AM UTC

I see the problems.

But the tooltips and member editor header doesn't work for non-hierarchal items in Mondrian, see the screencast.

BTW you might change the caption title of the member editor into the fieldname (and get rid of the text "Member Editor") or is there a spacing reason?

Attachment: 20151218_105457_e9732081.rar

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 19, 2015 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

We have created an incident to log a defect report on behalf of you. Our support engineer will assist you through incident. We request you to follow with the incident for further details.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,

Ramesh G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon