We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Olap Client error at function export

Hello dear support!

After click on button export I have a error, in attachment there is a screenshot with error.
When I try to export a simple report in google chrome I have a "Error: Network error"

And ny export method here:

public void Export(Stream stream)
        {
            System.IO.StreamReader sReader = new System.IO.StreamReader(stream);
            string args = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.UrlDecode(sReader.ReadToEnd()).Remove(0, 5);
            OlapDataManager DataManager = new OlapDataManager(connectionString);
            var ss = DataManager.ReportPath;
            string fileName = "Sample";
            olapClientHelper.ExportOlapClient(DataManager, args, fileName, System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response);
        }

Attachment: error_Export_function_42bbcef5.zip

12 Replies

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 15, 2015 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Krilov, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

In general, we are using “HttpContext.Current.Response” class for exporting operations.  As WCF Service does not support the usage of this class in all the system configurations which throws “Network Error”, we have migrated to WebAPI controller class for adopting communication between server side and client side. We have created a simple OLAP Client sample with WebAPI controller class which is available in the below link.

NOTE: Migration from WCF to WebAPI would require only minor configuration changes. Other than this, the service methods and logic inside service method would appear the same.

Sample Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121428/ze/OlapClient_ASP-1118858943

Screen-shots: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121428/ze/webapi-948155843

Regards,

Ramesh G.

AN Ananth December 23, 2015 08:43 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

When I run It will  Combail Error -  

Error CS1061 'OlapClient' does not contain a definition for 'ExportOlapClient' and no extension method 'ExportOlapClient' accepting a first argument of type 'OlapClient' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OlapClient_ASP C:\Users\Ananth\Desktop\New folder (6\OlapClient_ASP\OlapClient_ASP\wcf\OlapClientService.svc.cs  

Please Tell  How to fix this error..

Thanks
Ananth

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 24, 2015 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Ananth,

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We suspect that it might have occurred due to *.dll conflicts. So we kindly recommended you to check that the sample refers same version of Syncfusion *.dll. Please refer the below screen-shot to check the *.dll version.

If still the problem exists, please provide us a step-by-step replication produce to reproduce the issue and stack trace. Video illustrating the issue is also appreciated.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

AN Ananth December 28, 2015 05:44 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

I attached my Screenshot zip file. My dll file version different from your  Source file. So how can I update or change that version to dll.

Thanks

Attachment: Screenshot_956048c2.rar

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 29, 2015 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Ananth,

As mentioned in the previous post, you have referred to the older version (12.4.0.24) of the *.dlls in your sample. But, the WebAPI concept for exporting option does not work in older versions. So, please upgrade our product to the latest version (13.3.0.18), utilizing the following link to download the latest version of the Syncfusion Essential Studio.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/121314/essential-studio-2015-volume-3-service-pack-2-release-v13-3-0-18-available-for-download 

Regards,
Ramesh G.

AN Ananth December 31, 2015 06:04 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

I'm not using WebAPI concept. using WCF Service Method. Is it possible to export excel or pdf format ? [Grid data/Chart]

Thanks.

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 31, 2015 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Ananth, 

Yes, it is possible in WCF Service. But, we are using “HttpContext.Current.Response” class for exporting operations.  As WCF Service does not support the usage of this class in all the system configurations which throws “Network Error”, we have migrated to WebAPI controller class for adopting communication between server side and client side. Migration from WCF to WebAPI would require only minor configuration changes. Other than this, the service methods and logic inside service method would appear the same.  We have already given the simple OLAP Client sample with WebAPI controller class. Please find the sample in the below link.

Sample Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121428/ze/OlapClient_ASP-1118858943 

Note:  As mentioned in our previous update, the WebAPI concept for exporting option does not work in older versions. So, please upgrade our product to the latest version (13.3.0.18) before you run the above sample.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

AN Ananth January 5, 2016 08:15 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

I updated  latest version (13.3.0.18) and I created a new sample OlapClient project. Again Couldn't Export Excel File ? And I check your asp sample project all so .. I had same problem[I'm using ASP MVC] 

Thanks
Ananth

Attachment: Updated_69140e2.rar

AN Ananth January 6, 2016 04:34 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

I'm sorry to inform that your sample project is working well But I'm using ASP MVC. How Can I integrate your asp web application to my MVC ?[I tried But got errors. my previous  Question I attached that errors zip file] or Do you have ASP MVC Sample in same  version(13.3.0.18) ?

Thanks
R.Ananth

Attachment: Updated_ce66a407.rar

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team January 6, 2016 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Ananth,

From the screen shots provided, we understood that you were still referring older scripts, themes and WCF service. So, we kindly recommend you to upgrade those files as well.
You can get the upgraded files from the below location (from Syncfusion Essential Studio installed machine).

Scripts          :  <system drive>:\Users\ User Name\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.x\MVC\Samples\web\Scripts
Themes        :  <system drive>:\Users\ User Name \AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.x\MVC\Samples\web\Content\ej
WCF Service:  <system drive>:\Users\ User Name \AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.x\MVC\Samples\web\wcf
WebAPI        :  <system drive>:\Users\ User Name \AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.x\MVC\Samples\web\WebAPI

And we have also prepared an OlapClient MVC sample with WebAPI concept in the below link for your convenience.

Sample Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121428/ze/OlapClient_WebAPI1565582996

Regards,
Ramesh G.

AN Ananth February 19, 2016 03:53 AM UTC

Hii Ramesh G.

It's working properly. and Below I attached a screenshot my Database.According to my Database,  I want to load Multiple Cubes in My Olapclient Cube Selector. Is it possible to load Multiple Cubes ??

Thanks
R.Ananth

Attachment: database_Screenshot_3a75cbfc.rar

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team February 23, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Ananth,

As we had already mentioned in the other forum #122115,  Cube Selector displays all the cubes available in the connected/specific database. It is not possible to show all the cubes from different database at the same time because each database comes with its own connection and properties.  

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon