We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is it possible to interactively freeze columns?

I've taken a look at the SfDatagrid sample called Freeze Panes which shows the possibility to "Pin" columns and rows to let them remain into view.

However I come from a different set of components where both in WInForms and WPF on the grid besides the Filtering it is possible to activate the Column Pinning where clicking a Pin button on the column header the Column is moved in the Freezed zone and remains visible, then I can add more pinned columns or I can "unpin" them clicking again on the pin button.

This is a nice feature when the grid has many columns to allow to see different views of the columns when necessary.

Is there something to develop this kind of feature or has it to be build from scratch using code and the 4 freeze zones?

Another question on this matter: When the grid is a Master+Detail is it possible to freeze the Expansion indicator so that it don't disappears when scrolling horizontally?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Sabrina

1 Reply

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team December 12, 2015 12:34 AM UTC

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have analyzed your queries and please find the responses for your queries below,
Query 1: [ Make the Frozen Column by Click the option on column Header ]

We regret to inform you that it is not possible to Freeze the particular inbetween Column in SfDataGrid. You can Freeze the left most/right most column in SfDataGrid and we have prepared a sample based upon your requirement “Freeze/Unfreeze the Column when select the Pin/Unpin options in Column Header” for left or right most columns and you can download the sample from the below location.
Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121408/ze/ContextMenu_FreezeColumn-2020739129
Query 2: [ Freeze the DetailsViewGrid Expander Indicator Column ]

In SfDataGrid we do not have the direct support for Freeze the DetailsViewGrid Expander Indicator Column. However we have prepared a work around sample for achieve your requirement and you can download the same from the below location. In this sample we have set the FrozenColumnCount to the SfDataGrid Visual Container.

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121408/ze/MasterDetailsView_WPF-437432240

Regards,

Sowndaiyan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon