We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Jquery is not defined

Hi,

i'm suddenly getting the "jquery is not defined" error, in the jquery easing script. This is even though obviously i'm rendering the Jquery script BEFORE jquery easing, in fact it was working until yesterday, and then it suddenly is giving me this error.
The strange thing is, the error is inside jquery.easing.min.js, even though i'm NOT rendering a min version of jquery easing, but a simple jquery.easing.1.3.js
How is this possible?

thanks

3 Replies

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Dario,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please check whether there are multiple jQuery scripts referred in your sample application? If yes, please remove other scripts and then try to run your sample. This error occurs when there are more than one jQuery script is referred. If the issue exists still, could you please share the issue reproducible sample with us? We will check the sample and update more details.

Regards,
Varalakshmi

KE kevinkatler October 28, 2022 04:53 AM UTC

If you are using any script file and getting "Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined " which means ‘ jQuery ’ is either a variable or a method which you are trying to use before declaring it using var keyword. This means that there is a non-existent variable referenced somewhere. This variable needs to be declared, or you need to make sure it is available in your current script or scope otherwise , it will endup throwing this ‘ jQuery ’ is not defined error . This usually indicates that your library is not loaded and JavaScript does not recognize the ‘ jQuery ’.

To solve this error: Load your library at the beginning of all your scripts.

There can be multiple other reasons for this issue:

• Conflict with Other Libraries
  • Path to your library included is not correct
  • Llibrary file is corrupted
  • Working offline (when you use CDN)

IL Indhumathy Loganathan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2022 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Customer,

We suspect that the issue you are facing at your end is due to an improper script reference in the Site.master page. Also, using duplicate script references will cause unwanted behavior in the output of the sample. Please check the below KB document links to resolve the issue at your end.

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/9197/resolving-jquery-multiple-references-error

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4553/how-to-resolve-the-javascript-runtime-error-is-undefined-with-the-syncfusion-controls

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Indhumathy L

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon