We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is there a way to limit what fields can be added, in the normal editmode

e.detailsElement.find("#weatherGrid").ejGrid({
                dataSource: data.Weather,
                editSettings: {
                    allowEditing: true,
                    allowAdding: true,
                    allowDeleting: true,
                    editMode: ej.Grid.EditMode.Normal,
                },
                toolbarSettings: { showToolbar: true, toolbarItems: [ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Add ,ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Update, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Cancel, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Delete] },
                columns: [
                    { field: "WeatherId", headerText: "Id", visible: false },
                    { field: "ProjectVisionId", headerText: "Project Id", visible: false },
                    { field: "WeatherMain", headerText: "Weather", allowEditing: false },
                    { field: "WeatherDescription", headerText: "Description" },
                    { field: "Temperature", headerText: "Temperature", editType: ej.Grid.EditingType.Numeric },
                    { field: "Humidity", headerText: "Humidity", allowEditing: false },
                    { field: "WindSpeed", headerText: "Wind Speed", allowEditing: false },
                    { field: "WindDirection", headerText: "Wind Direction", allowEditing: false },
                    { field: "UserInput", headerText: "User Input", editType: ej.Grid.EditingType.Boolean, type: "boolean", allowEditing: false, allowAdding: false },
                    { field: "DateTime", headerText: "Time", format: "{0:hh:mm tt}" }
                ]
            });

When i use the code above it limits the Editing of the fields that i don't want to be edited, but i am in the need of limiting what fields can be added by the user.  So the same fields i have "allowEditing : false" i don't want to be in the allowAdding process. 

1 Reply

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team November 26, 2015 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

We understand that you would like to disable the columns with allowEditing set to “false” while adding the record to the Grid. We have included this feature in 13.3.0.7, and we suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of Essential Studio 13.3.0.12 to avail this feature.

Please follow the below steps to upgrade the Essential Studio.

1)      Download and install the Essential Studio v13.3.0.12 from the below link. 

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/121006/essential-studio-2015-volume-3-service-pack-1-release-v13-3-0-12-available-for-download

2)       Replace the Syncfusion dlls, scripts, and css in your project from the following location.

Scripts and Css: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\XX.X.X.XX\JavaScript\assets
            Dlls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ XX.X.X.XX \Assemblies

Here XX.X.X.XX denotes the product version(13.3.0.12).

And also after upgrading please ensure to clear the bin folder and browser cache to avoid accidental reference of the old assemblies and scripts/CSS.

Regards,
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon