We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MDI form with Office2013 style has cut of lower edges when use ToolStripEx

I made Ribbon MDI form where I can change styles (Touch, Office 2013, Office 2010 etc). I use RibbonAdvanced control for that.
I put ToolstripEx control to the bottom. Toolstripex control looks good with Touch and Office 2010 style, but with Office 2013 style, edges are cut of.

I attached image so you can see cut off edges when I set Office 2013 style.

Help.

Regards

5 Replies

SY SysNop November 18, 2015 04:51 PM UTC

I forgot to attach image so here it is.

Attachment: No_edges_85743c2b.zip

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team November 19, 2015 10:20 AM UTC

Hi SysNop,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

The rounded corner appearance of the form can be obtained by handing the StatusStripEx paint event. Please make use of the below code example.

Code Example[C#]:

void statusStripEx1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
        {
            Point[] polypoints = RendererUtils.GetRoundedPolygon(new Rectangle(e.ClipRectangle.X, e.ClipRectangle.Y, e.ClipRectangle.Width, e.ClipRectangle.Height), 1);
            GraphicsPath path = new GraphicsPath();
            path.AddPolygon(polypoints);
            Pen pen = new Pen(this.ribbonControlAdv1.MenuColor);
            e.Graphics.DrawPath(pen, path);
            e.Graphics.DrawLine(new Pen(this.BackColor), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X, e.ClipRectangle.Y), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X + e.ClipRectangle.Width, e.ClipRectangle.Y));
           e.Graphics.DrawLine(new Pen(this.statusStripEx1.BackColor), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X + e.ClipRectangle.Width - 1, e.ClipRectangle.Y), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X + e.ClipRectangle.Width - 1, e.ClipRectangle.Y + e.ClipRectangle.Height - 4));
           e.Graphics.DrawLine(new Pen(this.statusStripEx1.BackColor), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X, e.ClipRectangle.Y), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X, e.ClipRectangle.Y + e.ClipRectangle.Height - 5));
            e.Graphics.DrawLine(new Pen(this.statusStripEx1.BackColor), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X + 5, e.ClipRectangle.Y + e.ClipRectangle.Height - 1), new Point(e.ClipRectangle.X + e.ClipRectangle.Width - 5, e.ClipRectangle.Y + e.ClipRectangle.Height - 1));
        }

We have prepared the sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from here.

Sample : https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121205/ze/RibbonBorder606581405

Also, refer to below screenshot for further understanding.

Screenshot:

Regards,

Senthil

SY SysNop November 19, 2015 11:29 AM UTC

Thank you for quick response, but maybe we didn't understand each other.

I don't want round borders. I want square borders like there are in your example library. 
Check for example "RibbonMerge".

In that example in designer in visual studio form has rounded corners, but when you run project form has square borders and has shadow. 
I want to achieve the same but without success.

What I should do to have that kind of feature.

I attached two images so you can see how does it look in designer and when you  run app (You can check the same if you explore your examples --> "RibbonMerge".

Attachment: Round_and_Square_border_problem__cbfbb13b.zip

SY SysNop November 19, 2015 11:53 AM UTC

I figured it out.

I am talking about ribbonform with ribbonAdvenced control on it.

When you use aero theme (EnableAeroTheme = true)  than you get squared borders but then Office 2010 and Office 2007 styles don't draw properly when you maximize form window. You can see the same behavior in your example ("Ribbon Style Demo").

When you don't use areo theme (EnableAeroTheme = false) then Office 2010 and Office 2007 styles draw properly when form is maximized and from has rounded corner with defect on bottom corners. 

Is that expected behavior? I think that you have a problem within these controls.

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2015 11:30 AM UTC

Hi SysNop,

Thank you for your update.

We have considered this behavior with “RibbonForm” as bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon