We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Editing and Double click

Hi,
In somme rows I want to disable editin, so I tried to block the BeginEdit and ActonBegin  event end set the cancel property to True.
The problem is that the Edit Dialog appears even if I cancel the edit.
Do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

5 Replies

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team November 12, 2015 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for using Syncfusion products.
At present there is no support for client side events on toolbar click to handle dialog boxes . For this we have already logged a feature request regarding this.
A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,
John R

AP Andrea Perazzolo November 13, 2015 07:58 AM UTC

HI,
There is a workaround to block the show of the dialog when double clicking on the Tree Grid and the Edit Mode is set to Normal?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea Perazzolo

DK Dinesh Kumar Nagarathinam Syncfusion Team November 16, 2015 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It is not possible to do work around to block the edit dialog box while we double click on a treegrid.  For this we have already logged a feature request regarding this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Dinesh kumar.N

AP Andrea Perazzolo November 16, 2015 01:39 PM UTC

Hi,
I tried this solution and seems to work:

function ActionBegin(args) {
    switch (args.requestType) {
        case "beginedit":
            if (args.model.selectedItem.IsFixedTask === true  || args.model.selectedItem.childRecords != false) {
                 args.cancel = true;
            }

break;
        default:
            break;
    }
}
The dialog does not appear.

Andrea Perazzolo

DK Dinesh Kumar Nagarathinam Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

We found that currently your solution is a valid work around for your requirement, but in Gantt there is no support for event while rendering add dialog box or rendering edit dialog box using toolbar click, your solution will work only if we try to open dialog using mouse double click action. Currently we are working on implementing events for dialog open and close, we will also let you know once we have implemented this.

Please let us know, if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar.N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon