We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfAutoComplete Dismiss Keyboard on Item Selection

I'm looking for a way to dismiss the keyboard when an item is selected in the autoComplete suggestion box.

The selectionChanged event does not fire when an item is tapped from the suggestion box, so it doesn't provide what I need. Also, the .Unfocus() event doesn't dismiss the keyboard like the Xamarin.Forms.SearchBar does. Can we get this functionality added?

Thanks,

John

autoCompleteCharacterList.SelectionChanged += AutoCompleteCharacterList_SelectionChanged;

autoCompleteCharacterList.ValueChanged += AutoCompleteCharacterList_ValueChanged;

//gets fired on every keypress, but does nothing
void AutoCompleteCharacterList_ValueChanged (object sender, Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.XForms.ValueChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            autoCompleteCharacterList.Unfocus()
        }

//never gets fired when an item from the suggestion list is tapped
        void AutoCompleteCharacterList_SelectionChanged (object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            autoCompleteCharacterList.Unfocus()
        }

1 Reply

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team November 6, 2015 11:51 AM UTC

Hi John,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Please let me know if you have any query.

Regards,
Vignesh V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon