We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Print Preview

Hi

We use grid control to display data in various formats. We have rich text cells, grin in cell cells, picture cells, chart cells etc. When I try to print preview only the first page of the print preview shows the data. The rest of the pages show up empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Sudha.

13 Replies

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar replied to Sudharsini Ravikumar October 28, 2015 07:28 PM UTC

Hi

We use grid control to display data in various formats. We have rich text cells, grin in cell cells, picture cells, chart cells etc. When I try to print preview only the first page of the print preview shows the data. The rest of the pages show up empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Sudha.

The issue has nothing to do with custom cell content. Print preview just prints the first few rows of the grid and then stops printing them. See attached sample pdf created using Print to PDF from Print Preview. Any idea what's going on?
Attachment: document_7f77821c.zip

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team October 29, 2015 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Sudharsini,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We could able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have logged a defect report regarding this. The fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming release Vol4.

Regards,
AL.Solai.

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar December 3, 2015 12:19 AM UTC

Any updates on this?

Thanks
Sudha

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team December 3, 2015 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Sudharsini,

We have already created a new incident for you in Direct-Trac and fixed patch for the issue have been provided in that incident. Please have a follow-up with that incident.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,
Christo

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar December 3, 2015 07:09 PM UTC

Hi Cristo

I don't see a patch in my direct trac. The latest license is in my manager's login and I don't see anything there as well. Could you please help me with getting this patch. This is urgent and the release date is approaching soon.

Thanks
Sudha

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team December 3, 2015 08:34 PM UTC

Hi Sudharsini,

We cannot provide a patch in our Community Forum because certain proprietary information is only accessible to our licensed customers. We are verifying your license status with our Sales team. Once that is verified, we will be able to share the patch with you. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact our Sales team at sales@syncfusion.com and they will be able to assist you promptly.

Regards,
Christo

YC Young Choi December 3, 2015 08:40 PM UTC

I can provide license information for you if that will make this resolution any faster.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sudha

SR Srilatha R Syncfusion Team December 3, 2015 08:56 PM UTC

Hi Sudha
We alerted our Sales team, and they have now assigned a license to you. We updated the patch in incident # 146308 and it is under your Direct Trac account. Could you check and let us know if you are unable to see this incident? Unfortunately, we cannot update the link for the patch in the Forum.

Regards,
Srilatha Rajamani
Syncfusion Support 

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar December 3, 2015 11:30 PM UTC

I still don't see it.  In fact there is no such incident -- incident # 146308

Could you verify please. Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope you are not working out of Chennai :-(

Thanks
Sudha

SR Srilatha R Syncfusion Team December 4, 2015 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Sudha
Thank you for your concern. My team is in Chennai and our work has been impacted due to the flood. 

I have sent you an email with the contents of incident 146308, including the patch. Please let me know if you have any questions with this patch. We  will do our best to provide assistance as promptly as possible.

Regards,
Srilatha

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar December 4, 2015 07:14 PM UTC

Hi

That patch did not work. Previously excepting for the first 2 or 3 blocks nothing else loaded or showed properly in Print Preview. But now it loads most cells but still skips random cells. Especially GrinInCells display the table but not the data in the table. It also skips data inside InPlaceRichTextCell cells.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Sudha

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar December 4, 2015 08:06 PM UTC

Will you be releasing a new version soon to include this fix in the latest version of the product?

Thx, Sudha

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team December 7, 2015 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Sudha,

Thank you for your update.

Could you please let u know whether there are any changes in your application after applying the patch? Be On further analysis we found out that the issue occurs when we assign a RichTextBox in a GridInCell celltype. Could you please check the below sample and let us know whether this Is the only issue you are reproducing. Or could you please share us your sample so that we can test from our end and can give you a fix so it includes all the scenario that you are expecting. If you could confirm us then we will provide you the patch for this issue in the incident #146308.

Sample:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120938/ze/samples-1097275288.zip

And also the Essential Studio Vol4 2015 version will be released in the end of this month i.e.., Dec 2015.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Anish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon