We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Transparency Problem With Chromeless Window Border

Hi,
I'm using the following XAML to create a Chromeless Window ...

<syncfusion:ChromelessWindow x:Class="MyApp.Login"
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:syncfusion="http://schemas.syncfusion.com/wpf"
        WindowStartupLocation="CenterScreen" ResizeMode="NoResize" ResizeBorderThickness="1" ResizeBorderBrush="Red"
        Title="Login" Height="300" Width="300" CornerRadius="20" >

<Grid>

</Grid>

</syncfusion:ChromelessWindow>

But when i view the form, there are square black corners as shown in the attached image. This also occurs when i use the Chromeless Window demo.

Please can you tell me how i can make the black corners transparent?

Cheers,
James.

Attachment: Transparency_Problem_9f5a2a38.rar

5 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team October 29, 2015 11:14 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

“Query #1: how i can make the black corners transparent?”

We can make the black corners as transparent by setting AllowTransparency property of the ChromelessWindow to true. When this property is enabled, MS window background will become transparent .We have also prepared a sample which demonstrates the same. Please download the sample from the below link

Sample link:ChomelessWindowSample_(2)

Please try our solution and also let us know if you need a patch for this fix? So that we would provide assistance according to your reply.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

JR James Randle December 7, 2015 01:38 PM UTC

Yes, that did the trick :0)

Thanks.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team December 8, 2015 09:05 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for your update

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

DV Daryl Vertigan April 23, 2016 06:59 PM UTC

(Although if one sets the rounding to 99, the title bar and upper client area doesn't round with the border)

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 25, 2016 01:08 PM UTC

Hi James,

In our ChromelessWindow, there are two parts one is Content part and other is TitleBar. If we have set the CornerRadius property, it set for both parts separately. So the TitleBar of the ChromelessWindow looks like it does not appear rounding with the border. We need to set the TitleBarHeight to match the CornerRadius of the ChromelessWindow border. We have also prepared a sample to show the behavior of ChromelessWindow. In this sample, we have used CornerRadius and TitleBarHeight properties in ChromelessWindow by binding the value with sliders. Please download the sample from the below link.

Sample: ChromelessWindowCornerRadiusSample

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon