We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Does the control actually render the PDF?

All I need to do is render a PDF in Xamarin.Forms. Can I do this with this component? I downloaded the PdfGettingStarted project but noticed you aren't using the component to view the PDF.

10 Replies

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team October 23, 2014 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Seth Valdetero,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

At present, we do not have support for Essential PdfViewer in Xamarin forms. However, we support viewing Pdf files through PdfViewer in Asp.Net MVC, Windows Forms, WinRT and WPF.

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Uthistran S.

SV Seth Valdetero October 24, 2014 03:54 PM UTC

Do you support viewing in iOS and Android? How about in Xamarin but just not Xamarin.Forms?

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team October 27, 2014 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Seth Valdetero ,

Thank you for your update.

We have created an incident to have better follow up in your query.

Could you please follow the below incident for the details regarding this?

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/131269

Thanks,

Uthistran S.

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2014 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Seth Valdetero ,

We have considered your request as feature and have logged feature report internally on this. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented

Thanks,

Uthistran S.

FF fff November 14, 2014 04:57 PM UTC

please Uthistran

let know about that when done, for the initial writer (Seth) as for many other, this would be the main interest of  a pdf component
to generate a pdf, I may be wrong, but this is first done on server side in most applications
Viewing a pdf, that is compeletely a user side feature, and is very interesting

Fabrice

btw: you shoudl say it more clearly in your text and advertizment : you video lets think you are viewing it withiun your component, which is false ; in fact you are lunching an external/different viewer, no ?

VI Vitalii October 25, 2015 10:05 PM UTC

Hi, 
Any news on PDF renderer?

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 26, 2015 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Fabrice and Vitalii,

The support for PDF Viewer Control in Xamarin is not implemented yet. We will you know once the product is available.

Thanks for your patience

Regards,

Sathish Sivakumar

SR Shadi Rafeh February 17, 2016 12:15 PM UTC

Hi,

I came across this thread while searching for rendering PDF files on Xamarin.

Having the possibility to render a PDF document and add annotations to it is the decisive factor in my case to go with Syncfusion.

I believe the PDF Viewer control is not available yet.

Is there an expected date on which it might be available?

Also, and more importantly, my need is a PDF Viewer / Annotation Control. If it won't be possible in the coming PDF Viewer, let me know please.

Many thanks.

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team February 18, 2016 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Shadi,
We have created new incident for a better follow up with your queries.
Kindly follow the below link to login your Syncfusion account to know more details about the incident
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login
Regards,
Sathish Sivakumar

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 30, 2016 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Shadi, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

At present we do not have support for displaying the PDF document in Xamarin platform. We have plans to implement PDF Viewer component for Xamarin in the near future. In the initial release, we will provide the support for viewing PDF files. In the incremental version, we will implement features such as text selection, text searching and annotations etc. 

However, as a workaround we can export the PDF document to Images in Windows Azure Service and display the exported images of PDF document in Xamarin.Forms application. Please find more information about this workaround from the below Knowledge base link. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon