We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

some questions about data format in treegrid

Hi,
I have some questions about data format in treegrid.
1. I set data format for column to show 0 decimal place, but I want some rows in those column to show 1 decimal place. Please see my attached image. For example, I want the numbers in last row of my treegrid to show 1 decimal place(such as in JAN column, I want to it display -65.0), but other rows to show 0 decimal place.  I wonder if this can be accomplished.

2. How can we add some characters to the data in treegrid. For example, in my attached image, I want the data in the last row have '%' character, such as in column JAN, -65 should display as -65%. For the data in other rows, I'd like them to be displayed as $9,000.   Is this possible to accomplish?

3. I'd like to change the font color based on the data value. For example, in my attached image, I want those negative numbers to display in red color. How can we do that?

Thank you,

Harry

Attachment: HZ20151021_ebf14bfc.rar

4 Replies

HZ Harry Zheng October 21, 2015 08:55 PM UTC

I have one more question:
4. Can we hide the value 0 if the data value is 0? in other words, if the data value is 0, I want that cell be empty without displaying anything.

Harry

DK Dinesh Kumar Nagarathinam Syncfusion Team October 22, 2015 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

Query
Syncfusion Comment
1.      I set data format for column to show 0 decimal place, but I want some rows in those column to show 1 decimal place. Please see my attached image. For example, I want the numbers in last row of my treegrid to show 1 decimal place(such as in JAN column, I want to it display -65.0), but other rows to show 0 decimal place. 
We can achieve these queries Using “QueryCellInfo” client side event. Find the code snippet below,

@(Html.EJ().TreeGrid("Tree")

.ChildMapping("Children")

.TreeColumnIndex(1)

.Columns(co =>

{

//...

//Set the format to display value as currency format

co.Field("Progress").HeaderText("Progress").Format("{0:c}").Add();

}

)

//...

.ClientSideEvents(eve =>

{

eve.QueryCellInfo("query");

})

)

<script type="text/javascript">

function query(args) {

var length = args.model.flatRecords.length;

if (args.column.field == "Duration") {

//To change the color of Particular cell value

if (args.cellValue == 3)

$(args.cellElement).css({ "color": "red" });

//To Define the Decimal places of the cell

if(args.data.index == length - 1)

args.cellElement.innerHTML = args.data.Progress.toFixed(1);

}

if (args.column.field == "Progress" && args.data.index == length - 1)                      

{              

args.cellElement.innerHTML = args.data.Progress.toFixed(1) + "%";

}

//To hide the particular cell value

if (args.cellValue == 0)

args.cellElement.innerHTML = "";

}

</script>

2.     How can we add some characters to the data in treegrid. For example, in my attached image, I want the data in the last row have '%' character, such as in column JAN, -65 should display as -65%. For the data in other rows, I'd like them to be displayed as $9,000. 
3.      I'd like to change the font color based on the data value. For example, in my attached image, I want those negative numbers to display in red color. How can we do that?
4.     Can we hide the value 0 if the data value is 0? in other words, if the data value is 0, I want that cell be empty without displaying anything.

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, find the sample from below location,

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120846/ze/TreeGridQueries-1184730346

Please let us know, if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Dinesh kumar.N

HZ Harry Zheng October 26, 2015 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for the solutions. They works well. I have one more question.
Is there a way to loop through all the columns in the treegrid, and change data format in certain row for each column?
For example, I have 20 columns in my treegrid, one of the row data is numbers, I'd like to change the format of those numbers from 80 to 80.0%.
How can we do this in a easy way (such as loop)? in this way, I do not have to write code for all the 20 columns . I know we can do this using your previous solution, but that will have many lines of code.
Thanks,

Harry

DK Dinesh Kumar Nagarathinam Syncfusion Team October 27, 2015 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Harry,

We can achieve this by using “QueryCellInfo” client side event, in that we can check whether a cell value is number or not.

Code Snippet:

@(Html.EJ().TreeGrid("Tree")

.ChildMapping("Children")

.TreeColumnIndex(1)

.ClientSideEvents(eve =>

{

eve.QueryCellInfo("query");

})

)

<script type="text/javascript">

function query(args) {           

if (!isNaN(args.cellValue) && args.column.field != "TaskId")

args.cellElement.innerHTML =parseInt(args.cellValue).toFixed(2) + "%";

}

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, find the sample from below location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120846/ze/TreeGrid_Num_Format_Query815773814

Regards,
Dinesh kumar.N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon