We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Showing Dimension Members with no data in fact table

Dear Sir or Madam,

in an OlapClient we want to show hierachy members of specific levels, even if no data is ralated to this members. For example if we've got a time dimension with the following elements: 

Year -> Quartar -> Month,

we would like to define, that all months of a quartar are shown, no matter if data is present for these months. 

If I would write a client by myself I could perform this by using the NON EMPTY statement in an MDX query, for example:

SELECT [...] {(DESCENDANTS([TimeDimension].[All Time Levels].[Month].ALLMEMBERS))} [...] 

would result in showing all months within the quartar, even if no data is present. The same statement including the NON EMPTY statement 

SELECT [...] NON EMPTY {(DESCENDANTS([TimeDimension].[All Time Levels].[Month].ALLMEMBERS))} [...] 

would result in showing only those months, for those data is present (i assume, this is standard behaviour in olapclient). 

Can you provide an example in which all level members are shown in the client?

Best regards

Sven

1 Reply

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 22, 2015 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Sven,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We recommend you to modify the MDX query as per your requirement before its execution through code behind. Please find the below code example illustrating the same.

C# (Inside Service):

DataManager = new OlapDataManager(connectionString);
DataManager.BeforeMdxQueryExecute += DataManager_BeforeMdxQueryExecute;

void DataManager_BeforeMdxQueryExecute(object sender, QueryExecutingEventArgs e)

{

e.MdxQuery = ""; //You can get, edit and pass the altered MDX query here.
}

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon