We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HTTP Error 404.15 – Not Found with Windows Authentication

I have the problem, that I can't use windows authentication, because I have the same problem described here: http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5051/how-to-resolve-the-http-error-404-15-not-found
But this is no solution, because I need windows authentication. I tried windows authentication with telerik and DevExpress controls, and ths works fine.

So what is the problem?

Attachment: 0710_2015_155938_16762b43.zip

9 Replies

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team October 8, 2015 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Darius,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support,

We are unable to identify your problem from the provided information. Could you please provide answers for the following queries?

Which version of Syncfusion assemblies are you using?

Are you creating your project using Syncfusion template?

What type of application are you using?

Are you unable to run your application after adding Syncfusion MVC assemblies?

The KB article provided in our website is just one of the possible way to rectify the windows authentication error. But there may be other reasons which could be the cause of this problem. The following methods are other possible ways to resolve this error.

You can increase the maxQueryString attribute value in the <requestLimits> in <system.webServer>.

If you use form in your application, then better to remove the method attribute instead of set that value to “get”.

If still you face the problem, please provide more information regarding this, so that we could analyze and provide a solution at the earliest.

Regards,

Francis Paul A

DK Darius Kupczak October 8, 2015 12:56 PM UTC

Syncfusion assemblies 13.2.0.34
Yes, I'm using the Syncfusion template.
Can't find "<requestLimits>" or "<system.webServer>" in my project.

I attached the test project

Attachment: SyncfusionMvcApplication3_517d1b69.zip

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team October 9, 2015 03:47 PM UTC

Hi Darius

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We need more time to analyze this issue because it is being reproduced inconsistently. We will update you the further details on Monday 12th October 2015.

Meanwhile. could you share the following information with us?
1.     Screenshot of Visual Studio version details. (Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio)
2.     Installinfo.xml file from below location.

{programfilesfolder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

DK Darius Kupczak October 12, 2015 07:18 AM UTC

Ok, thx.

Attachment: syncfusion_d93b0421.zip

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team October 12, 2015 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Darius,
Thanks for your patience.  
We have created the Project Templates from Visual Studio 2013 only. So we are suspected that this issue occurred since the Project Templates not compatible with VS 203 update 4 since this issue occurred in Visual Studio 2013 update 4 inconsistently. So we have modified our Project Templates and you can install the new VSIX using the below steps.
1.     From your Visual Studio 2013, navigate to the Tools->Extension and Updates.
2.     Select the Syncfusion.MVC.VSPackage.Web, and uninstall by clicking the uninstall button. In case you are not able to uninstall, open the Visual Studio in the admin mode, and try to uninstall the VSIX.  

Figure 1: Uninstalling the Syncfusion Project Templates

3.     Close the Visual Studio.
4.     Download the new VSIX for the Visual Studio 2013.
5.     Run the downloaded extension by double clicking the new VSIX, and install it. 
6.     Once installed, open the Visual Studio and continue. Now, no any error message can be seen while execution.

Note: This fix will be included in our upcoming Service Pack release.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

DK Darius Kupczak October 13, 2015 06:17 AM UTC

This works.
Thx.

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team October 14, 2015 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Darius,

We are happy that the provided information helped. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

AV Andrew van Dijk replied to Kanimozhi Pandian October 16, 2015 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Darius,

We are happy that the provided information helped. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

Hi,

What if we have been developing for the last 2 months, only to deploy to our dev server to hit this issue, how do we fix it? we cannot start the project from scratch?

Regards
Andrew

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team October 16, 2015 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

This issue occurred with Syncfusion MVC Project Templates in VisualStudio2013 Update 4 / Update 5 installed machines inconsistently. If we didn’t face this reported issue while developing the Web Application then we can deploy successfully without errors in any machine.

If we use the Syncfusion MVC Project Templates in Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 / Update 5 machines then the Requested URL length is exceeds from limit since the Syncfusion MVC templates are generated from Visual Studio 2013 only. To avoid this issue you need to comment below mentioned codes in the Startup.Auth.cs file as like in the below screenshot,

In some machines, the login page initially returns the requested URL that exceeds with maximum length while running the Syncfusion MVC Project Template projects in Visual Studio 2013 update 4 /update 5 installed machines. So, we need to comment this line in Startup.Auth.cs file. 

Note: The above commented code will not affect the Login page functionality. 

We have logged this issue and this will be fixed in our upcoming service pack release.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon