We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expected behaviour of CurrentCellValidateString

Hi, I''ve noticed a couple of behaviours in the CurrentCellValidateString which I didn''t expect. Could you please tell me whether the current behaviour is correct. 1. When backspace is pressed the CurrentCellValidateString e.Text includes a ''\b'' where the backspace is pressed. Do I need to process the string for these special characters? 2. When delete key is pressed, the CurrentCellValidateString is not fired. 3. When I paste into the cell, the CurrentCellValidateString is fired twice, the second time including a special character (looks like a square in the watch window) 4. Likewise with Cut and Copy. I had thought that I could use this event to validate the text value of the cell, but I''m not getting that value. Is this the expected use? And if so, how do I get the correct text value to validate. Thanks, Sue

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 08:50 AM UTC

This does not seem to be working properly. I have forwarded it to the grid architect so he can decide what to do about it. As a work around, I think you can catch a couple of events on the enbedded textbox in the cell, and do the validation you want there. Here is a rough try at this. forum12072_5526.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon