We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataBoundGrid not drawing in certain instances

I'm binding a DataView to a GridDataBoundGrid. The DataView is a dependency of a parent object.

As I go from record to record for each parent object the GridDataBoundGrid's BindSource is set to the DataView, but for some reason only the first parent object shows the data on the grid. Everything after the first parent object causes the GridDataBoundGrid to not redraw or repaint the grid, the grid just freezes and shows data from the first parent object I selected. Below is an example of how the grid is being set:

Grid.BeginUpdate();

List = _salesOrders;

Grid.BindSource = List;

Grid.EndUpdate();

I can't track down why this is happening but I'm attempting to redraw the grid each time I go record to record for each parent object to avoid the grid from freezing. I tried using the DrawGrid() method like so:

Grid.DrawGrid(Grid.CreateGridGraphics());

But while this did actually refresh the grid, the grid was still frozen and I had to do a lot of extra clicking around for the grid to become functional.

Can you help me resolve this?

Thanks,

3 Replies

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team October 9, 2015 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Ari,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

GridDataBoundGrid is a  column oriented grid best suited for use with ADO.NET DataSet/DataTables datasources. Use of GridDataBound Grid for parent-child relation data’s would be complex when compared to GridGroupingControl. Please refer the below KB for clarification.

Reference : http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4654/How-to-choose-the-best-grid

Note : if you need only GridDataBoundGrid for parent-child relation. Then please refer the below shipped sample as reference and if still face the problem please provide us brief explanation about your issue with pictorial representation. So, that it would be easy for us to proceed further.
Sample Location : C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<version>\Windows\GridDataBound.Windows\Samples\Hierarchy

Thanks & Regards,
AL.Solai.

AC Ari Case October 9, 2015 01:34 PM UTC

Hi,

I am not using the GridDataBoundGrid with a parent child relationship, the grid is being bounded  by a DataView that doesn't have any dependencies.

To be clearer, there are 2 grids, one main grid (not a Syncfusion) grid that contains the parent data and under that grid is a tab with the data related to the records in that first main grid.

One portion of the data on that tab is the GridDataBoundGrid, so each record on the Main grid has it's own unique data that would bind to the GridDataBoundGrid, does this make sense?

But for some reason the GridDataBoundGrid doesn't always redraw, as I explained in my first post.

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team October 12, 2015 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Ari,

We have created a new incident for this query. Please login our direct-trac for better follow ups.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login

Thanks & Regards,
AL.Solai.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon