We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Problems with Shared DataSource on Report Designer in combination with Report Server

Hi,

I have problems with Shared DataSource on Report Designer in combination with Report Server.

When I design a report with report designer I select a SQL datasource.
I cant select a Report Server shared datasource here.

After saving I try to add my report to the report server but this doesn't work with the SQL datasource.
I cannot select a shared datasource when adding a report.

What am I doing wrong?

regards Patrick

Attachment: Screen_Shot_092515_at_01.51_PM_f74734aa.zip

3 Replies

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team September 29, 2015 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query
Response
I have problems with Shared DataSource on Report Designer in combination with Report Server.

When I design a report with report designer I select a SQL datasource. 
I cant select a Report Server shared datasource here.

I cannot select a shared datasource when adding a report.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachment:Screen_Shot_092515_at_01.51_PM_f74734aa.zip

The Recent Server doesn’t contain any server links while adding shared Datasource at first time. So, we need to provide the ReportServer URL manually to view the available shared datasource by the following steps.

1). Run the “ReportDesigner” and Right Click the “Data Sources” property.
2). Then, select “Add Data Source” and choose “Use a shared a connection
3). Then, select “Browse”. If your server link is not in recent server list then, in TextBox “Name” type your shared Datasource location. Then, Select “Open”.

Please find the screenshot from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120564/ze/120564_Screenshot-1973488558

After saving I try to add my report to the report server but this doesn't work with the SQL datasource.
We are unable to reproduce the issue with the given details. Please provide the replication procedure/more details on this issue, also share your product version and Report Server version details. 

Regards,
Nithya B

PW Patrick Wille September 29, 2015 08:20 AM UTC

Thanks Nithya,

inserting the URL of the reportserver was the solution for the shared datasource.

regards Patrick

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team September 30, 2015 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Nithya B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon