We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to select dropdown record on return key insted of space key?

Hello,

Problem : select dropdown record on return key insted of space key.

I am using angularJs and MVC for binding and creating dropdown. the important thing is i am binding dropdown in sysncfusing grid using Jsrender template. prefer below code for more clarification.

Grid :
<div ma-target-grid-sorting id="targetsGrid" ej-grid e-datasource="data"
                     e-columns="columns"
                     class="gridStyle"
                     e-allowresizing="true"
                     e-allowkeyboardnavigation="true"
                     e-allowscrolling="true"
                     e-allowsorting="true"
                     e-minwidth="550"
                     e-isresponsive="true"
                     e-scrollsettings-height="320"
                     e-allowgrouping="true"
                     e-groupsettings-groupedcolumns="targetGroupColumn"
                     e-allowfiltering="true"
                     e-filtersettings-filtertype="excel"
                     e-actioncomplete="complete"
                     e-create="complete"
                     e-enabletouch="false">
                </div>

JSRender Template :

<script type="text/x-jsrender" id="accessGroupTemplate">
    <input type="text" class="drpAccessGroup" ej-dropdownlist e-fields-id="{{:targetName}}" e-popupwidth="218" e-datasource=accessGroupData e-fields-text="markingString" e-fields-value="markingString" e-width="218" e-enableincrementalsearch="true" e-value="{{:accessGroupMarking}}" />
</script>

Javascript :

$scope.columns = [
             { field: "targetNumber", headerText: administrationSecurityResources.targetNumber, width: 100 },
             { field: "targetType", headerText: administrationSecurityResources.targetType, width: 100 },
             { field: "targetName", headerText: administrationSecurityResources.targetName, width: 100 },
             { field: "targetDescription", headerText: administrationSecurityResources.description, width: 100 },
             { field: "accessGroupMarking", headerText: administrationSecurityResources.accessGroup, template: "true", templateID: "#accessGroupTemplate", width: 120 },
        ];

$scope.targetGroupColumn = ["targetType"];
        $scope.compile = function (el) {
            $compile(el)($scope);
        }

$scope.complete = function (args) {
            if (!this.initialRender) {
                $scope.compile($(".drpAccessGroup"))
            }
        };

You can see i am using js render template and compile it. this dropdown is creating in grid so it have same cssclass and id so when i am trying  to apply some keypress event with angular it applied to all dropdown and get confused in all dropdown.

at the end i am using alt+J for focus on grid then i can focus on dropdown using tab key then i can open dropdown popup using alt+down errow and i can select record using space key but i am not able to select record by return key.

so i need to select dropdown record on return key and main problem is dropdown is inside to the grid.

Regards,
Rakesh

1 Reply

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2015 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We able to reproduce the mentioned issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards,

Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon