We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sync Fusion Control Performance Issue

Hi Team,
We are using Sync Fusion control and facing the performance issue. We are able to load the very less data on the grid, if you increased the amount of data we are pulling then report became unresponsive.

I can reproduce the same issue at the website http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/bi/olapclient/Getting%20Started/OlapClient%20Demo/CS/OlapClientDemo.aspx .

As you move the dimension the report gets slower and slower (display of data also stops). If you carry on, the report eventually hangs.

The report does work better if you reduce the amount of data that is being returned for each field.

I have attached the detailed description with screenshot images doc .

I have already sent this same information to support@syncfusion.com two days back but didn't get any response.

Please have a look ASAP, waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Shreekant

Attachment: SyncFusion_performance_Issue_9d879a54.zip

7 Replies

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team September 23, 2015 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We suggest you to use the paging option while using the huge data bound to OlapClient. Also, if you are using Syncfusion product version 11 which is an older version, please upgrade to our latest version. Some improvements done in our OlapClient, which is available in our Volume 3 release, estimated to be available by end of the September 2015.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon September 23, 2015 02:03 PM UTC

Thanks Ramesh, 

Could you please provide some piece of code for the pagination and where to add that code, I mean in which event or function (like page load or other) that would be very helpful.

Thanks
Shreekant

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the online documentation, online sample and installed sample location for pagination for your reference.

Documentation: https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-classic/olapclient/paging-support

Online sample: http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/bi/olapclient/Paging/Paging%20Demo/CS/Paging.aspx

Installed sample: <SystemDrive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.xx\Web (Classic)\OlapClient.Web\Samples\Paging\Paging Demo\CS

Please let us know if you want more assistance.

Regards,
Prabu S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon replied to Prabu S October 6, 2015 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the online documentation, online sample and installed sample location for pagination for your reference.

Documentation: http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-classic/olapclient/paging-support

Online sample: http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/bi/olapclient/Paging/Paging%20Demo/CS/Paging.aspx

Installed sample: <SystemDrive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.xx\Web (Classic)\OlapClient.Web\Samples\Paging\Paging Demo\CS

Please let us know if you want more assistance.

Regards,
Prabu S.

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks for your reply.

I applied your suggestion to implement pagination and its working but because of this we are running into an issue.
So after implementing pagination on OLAP Client report when we are running report, all the dimensions and measures getting clear from all three axis (Categorical, Series and Slicer).
If I am disabling the pagination, report is working fine.

I debugged this and came to know the below.

When I enabled pagination in OLAP Client report the property this.OlapClient1.AxisElementBuilderSlicer.SplitButtonCollection.Values is setting to 0. But before enabling pagination this property was setting as expected. 

Could you please let me know where this property is getting set and what would be the reason for setting it to "0" ?

Thanks

Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 7, 2015 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

The following code provided in your previous update is not associated with the paging option.

this.OlapClient1.AxisElementBuilderSlicer.SplitButtonCollection.Values

Meanwhile we have prepared a simple sample illustrating the paging option.
SAMPLE LINK: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120519/ze/Olapclient_snapdate-1445581183

If still the problem exists, kindly reproduce the same in the sample (available above) and revert us. It would be helpful for us to proceed further.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 9, 2015 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Sync fusion,

I have used the same code as used in your online  paging samples in my page but pagination bar is not displaying at the bottom of the grid. So I have tried setting the property EnablePaging="true" in .aspx page then pagination bar started displaying but the default AxisElements (Categorical, Series and Slicer) are disappearing.

But in your case you didnt add this property in .aspx page.

Is setting the EnablePaging="true" in ASPX page is mandatory? And what would be the reason for the disappearance of AxisElement?

Thanks

Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 12, 2015 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the following response.

S.No
Query
Response
Is setting the EnablePaging="true" in ASPX page is mandatory?
Yes, setting EnablePaging="true"
property is mandatory. You can set this either in *.aspx page or in *.cs page. In the given sample we have set in *.cs page.

And what would be the reason for the disappearance of AxisElement?

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Kindly provide us the following details.

1.       Sample, which replicates the reported problem.
2.       Screenshots or videos, if possible.

Essential Studio Version Number
Please let us know the version which you are currently using. You can refer the Essential Studio dashboard installed in your machine for version number.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon