We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export fail in dynamic grid

Hi,

I've a project that the user can generate, in real time, a determinate number of grids.

I've created an user control with the grid, and I put this user controls on a panel.

it works fine, but when I want to excel export, it doesn't work. The user controls disappear.

I attach an example project with the problem. When the botton is clicked I generate the user controls.

Attachment: GridExport_92459c27.zip

11 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 22, 2015 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

For every Grid post action, we have to re-initialize the user control and in every Grid action event, the page load event will trigger. While exporting to Excel, we suggest you to re-initialize the user control. In the page load method, we checked the condition with postBack, and re- initialized the user control.

Please find the following code example and sample,

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (IsPostBack)

{

lv.Controls.Clear();

var di = (DatosInforme)LoadControl("~/UserControls/DatosInforme.ascx");

di.ID = "Direct";

var datos = LoadData();

di.SetDataSource(datos);

lv.Controls.Add(di);

}
        }

Sample Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120494/ze/GridExport541119425

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

MA Manolo September 23, 2015 02:36 PM UTC

Ok! Thanks!

And if I filter, grouping... this configuration is saved when I export!  =)

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

After filtering or grouping the grid, the filtered column or grouped column details will be stored in the filteredColumns property of filtersettings or groupedColumns property of groupsettings. While exporting, it exports only the filtered data or grouped data.

Are you facing any issue while exporting after filtering or grouping operation?

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

MA Manolo September 24, 2015 06:34 AM UTC

sorry for my English,

I wanted to
say that when I export filters, agrupoaciones remain ... so I'm glad  =)

Thanks again

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 25, 2015 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

While running the sample, grouping is not shown in the Grid. Please find the below screenshot,

But while exporting to Excel, grouping remain in the Excel sheet. Please find the below screen shot,

Please confirm if this is the issue that you are facing while using filtering in the Grid. If we misunderstood your query, please send a screenshot of an issue, which will be helpful to provide a better solution.

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

MA Manolo September 25, 2015 06:51 AM UTC

My doubts are solved and all works fine

Thanks alot

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2015 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We are happy that your doubts are cleared and all working fine at your end

Please get back to us if you have further queries.

Regards,

Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

MA Manolo September 30, 2015 03:15 PM UTC

Hi again,

I'm testing the export options, and I've a problem:

- if I grouping, the excel exportation is grouped (perfect)
- if I filter, the excel exportation show all rows, not only the filtered.

I've modified our example for test

Attachment: GridExport_6aae29b0.zip

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team October 1, 2015 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We able to reproduce the mentioned issue. This issue has been fixed and it has been included in the Volume 2, Service Pack 2 release (13.2.0.39). So we suggest you to upgrade to the latest Essential studio version.

We have attached the sample in the following link              

Sample Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120494/ze/GridExport-1753117254

But while filtering the records using equal operator, we unable to export the filtered records. So, we have already created defect report for that issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

MA Manolo October 1, 2015 10:25 AM UTC

Ok, thanks you very much

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team October 2, 2015 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for the update.

Please get back to if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Balaji Marimuthu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon