We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Printing directly to printer issues1

Hi,

we have been testing ejReportViewer with Google Chrome (version 45.0.2454.85).

When i try the Remote Data demo from http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/reportviewer/databinding/remotedata, and I try to print directly to printer with the printer button, the Report Viewer opens a new window popup and the colors of the grid headers disapear. Also some of the layout format is not respected too. So the report that is printed to the printer is not the one that is seen in screen. We would like to use this components because it looks great, but it's important to print the report as it is seen on screen. 

It would be great to print to printer without the second window popup. Is there any other way to print to printer?

Thank you, this component looks great.
Jaume

1 Reply

SR Soundara Rajan S Syncfusion Team September 17, 2015 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Jaume,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

we have been testing ejReportViewer with Google Chrome (version 45.0.2454.85).
When i try the Remote Data demo from http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/reportviewer/databinding/remotedata, and I try to print directly to printer with the printer button, the Report Viewer opens a new window popup and the colors of the grid headers disapear. Also some of the layout format is not respected too. So the report that is printed to the printer is not the one that is seen in screen. We would like to use this components because it looks great, but it's important to print the report as it is seen on screen.
We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. The fix for this issue will be included in our upcoming Volume 3 main release which is scheduled by the end of September, 2015
It would be great to print to printer without the second window popup. Is there any other way to print to printer?
We have used the javascript “window.print()” function internally for printing and print function return the current page html tags, styles to print dialog while invoke. Due this reason, we could not print the report without new window popup(silent printing).

Regards,
Soundara Rajan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon