We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfSpreadSheet - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Dear Syncfusion,

I'm hoping that you could help me with a problem I have with the SfSpreadsheet component for WPF. I'm unable to get this control load my fresh MS Office Excel 2013 file.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create in MS Office 2013 a blank Excel file. (I've attached my file to the thread)
  2. Create a WPF (.NET 4.6) application
  3. Drag & drop the SfSpreadsheet component into the designer surface. (I named it excel)
  4. Add a button with click event handler.
  5. Add code to open the file with the SfSpreadSheet control. Mine was: excel.Open(@"C:\Users\rick\Desktop\Welcome.xlsx");
  6. Run the tool and click the button.
Then I get this message:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

I don't get a stack trace.

Hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Rick Neeft

Attachment: Excel_file_6df1703.zip

1 Reply

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team September 11, 2015 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Rick Neeft,

Thank you for using  Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce your reported issue and we have logged a defect report on this. The fix for this issue will be included in our 2015 Vol 3 release which is planned to be rolled out by the end of September 2015
. Meanwhile you can import the excel file into SfSpreadsheet control using Filestream in the Button Click Event like below code example,

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

var stream = new FileStream(@"..\..\Data\excel.xlsx", FileMode.Open);

spreadsheetControl.Open(stream);
}

Please find the sample link below,

Sample link: 
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120204/ze/CS505478007

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks
Kanimozhi B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon