We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error: Cannot read property 'form' of undefined

hi,

I am adding new task in the gantt, but when i click on the "save" button, the following error occurred: Cannot read property 'form' of undefined.
I did javascript  debug and the first time  invoke the method "editFormValidate", I think it should call method "addFormValidate"

Is there a way to fix this?

regards,

Pedro Z.

3 Replies

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team September 8, 2015 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We could not reproduce any issue while adding new task in Gantt control. It is possible to add a new task via dialog and the newly added task will be added below to the selected task. 

Please find the sample from the following location to add a new task in Gantt:

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120165/ze/GanttSample-42696273

Please share the Essential studio version you are using. If you still face any issue then please get back to us by modifying this sample along with the replication procedure to reproduce it.

Regards,

Mahalakashmi K.

PE pedro replied to Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan September 21, 2015 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We could not reproduce any issue while adding new task in Gantt control. It is possible to add a new task via dialog and the newly added task will be added below to the selected task. 

Please find the sample from the following location to add a new task in Gantt:

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120165/ze/GanttSample-42696273

Please share the Essential studio version you are using. If you still face any issue then please get back to us by modifying this sample along with the replication procedure to reproduce it.

Regards,

Mahalakashmi K.

Hi Mahalakashmi K,

The "Cannot read property 'form' of undefined" error occurs when I add the script "jquery.validate.min.js".

for example:

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/jquery-1.11.3.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/jquery.globalize.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/jsrender.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/ej.web.all.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/ej.unobtrusive.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Content/js/jquery.validate.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

Is there a way to fix this?

regards,

Pedro Z.

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Pedro,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We were able to reproduce the issue in validating the add form of Gantt and we have confirmed this as bug and logged a report on this. Also we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this issue.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,

John R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon