We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataControl is absent on toolbox

Hi!

I don't see GridDataControl at my Toolbox.
But when I place manually it into xaml-file - everything OK.
I think, it isn't right, is it?

Sincerely,
Michael

5 Replies

ES Elangovan S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2015 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We are having two types of Grid Controls in our WPF platform,

1.     GridDataControl

2.     SFDataGrid

GridDataControl:
GridDataControl is designed based on the cell-oriented architecture of the Windows Forms Grid control that provides more control over cells and supports for Excel-like features.

SFDataGrid:
SfDataGrid is designed based on the WPF template-based architecture that provides support to customize the Grid easily and fully supports binding.

Both SfDataGrid and GridDataControl almost have the same set of features. But SfDataGrid has some features that are richer than GridDataControl. When you want cell level customization and excel-like features you can use GridDataControl. When you want customization like styles and template features, specific to WPF, you can use SfDataGrid.
Comparatively, the performance of SfDataGrid control is better than the GridDataControl. So for the legacy we have removed the GridDataControl from the toolbox, and it is possible to use in XAML file.

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Elangovan S

MI Michael August 27, 2015 09:38 AM UTC

I don't see GridDataControl at my Toolbox.
But when I place manually it into xaml-file (by typing or by copy-paste from example) - everything OK.

ES Elangovan S Syncfusion Team August 28, 2015 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your update,

We have SfDataGrid control like GridDataControl. But, when compared to GridDataControl, the SfDataGrid has a better performance and flexibility. SfDataGrid assists you to create entirely customizable and highly interactive features used to display and manipulate the huge amount of data. We suggest you to use the SfDataGrid rather than GridDataControl.

So, for the legacy, we have removed the GridDataControl from the toolbox. It is also possible to use in the XAML file. 
Regards,
Elangovan S

MI Michael August 29, 2015 04:26 PM UTC

I see.
Thanks.

AR Akila Rajaram Syncfusion Team August 31, 2015 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your update . Please let us know if you have any other queries .
Regards,
Akila R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon