We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfRichTextRibbon

Hi,

I was exploring the WPF samples in the dashboard and I discovered the SfRichTextBoxAdv.
I am really interested in using it, but I didn't find how this component works with SfRichTextRibbon. 

Is there a way to customize the SfRichTextRibbon? 

How communicates it with the SfRichTextBoxAdv? I saw that the SfRichTextRibbon's DataContext is the SfRichTextBoxAdv, so i think there is a mechanic to control the SfRichTextBoxAdv text formatting by this way.
I didn't find any documentation with those components. Do I have to look on the simple Ribbon's documentation and the RichTextBoxAdv's documentation?

Thank you for advance,

Best Regards,

Marvin

7 Replies

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2015 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Our SfRichTextRibbon control is customized from Ribbon control with primary functionalities to provide rich text options for SfRichTextBoxAdv. We cannot modify the functionalities of SfRichTextRibbon. Instead we can customize Ribbon control similar to SfRichTextRibbon based on our requirement. We have prepared a sample to illustrate the same. Please do find the sample from below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample Link:
Sample

Currently the online documentation for SfRichTextBoxAdv and SfRichTextRibbon is not available. We will publish it online and let you know once done . For now, you can refer our online documentation for WinRT SfRichTextBoxAdv control.

Link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/Documents/overview22.htm

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S

MN Marvin Niefer August 28, 2015 03:01 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

Regards,

Marvin

NS Narendran Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 31, 2015 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Marvin

Thank you for your update

If you have any other further assistance related our SfRichTextBoxAdv control. We are ready to answer your queries.

Regards,
Narendran

MN Marvin Niefer September 7, 2015 03:05 PM UTC

Hi,

I noticed something by using your sample.
With your sample, if I close the sample by clicking the cross, the process is still alive. My debug is on and is my TaskManager lists the process as background running process. 

I saw some disposing operations, maybe one of them is not working? 

Regards,

Marvin

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team September 8, 2015 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your update.

We were able to reproduce the issue with disposing SfRichTextBoxAdv control and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have require any further assistance.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

MN Marvin Niefer September 9, 2015 08:08 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update,

I noticed something else,
The font color button doesn't seem to work properly.
When I select text, the color I choose is not applied to my selection, or a different color is applied.
I have to choose the color first and then if I click the button it will change the font color, but not the one I choose.

But if I use the mini toolbar of the SfRichTextBoxAdv, it works well.

Regards,

Marvin

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team September 10, 2015 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your update.

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue with font color button doesn’t work properly with the provided sample. Please find the modified sample from below link.

Sample link:
Sample

Please let us know if you have any other question.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon