We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Object reference exception on updating child table

Hello,
I using Grid Grouping Control in my form with parent child Relationship with Datasource As datatable.
when user Update Cell Value in Child table i update datasource and rebind datasourc to  ggc.
After updating cell value in child table,when I leave the cell using mouse click,I got object reference error.
By tabbing or using keys,there is not any problem.
Please suggest me any solution

Thank you and regards,
Pravin

1 Reply

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team August 26, 2015 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Pravin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are trying to reproduce your reported scenario “While leaving the current using mouse click, object reference error is thrown”, but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

Please provide the complete StackTrace of the exception or Kindly reproduce the issue in a minimal sample/modify the attached sample, it will more helpful for us to provide the prompt solution.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120031/ze/DropDownTable-171233302

Suggestion:
Please make use of the ForceImmediateSaveValue property. It may help you to update the values of the columns while leave the current cell.

Code Snippet:

//Used to update the cell value immediately upon changing the value.
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Fields["ColumnName"].ForceImmediateSaveValue = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ChildTable").Fields["ColumnName"].ForceImmediateSaveValue = true;

Please let us know if you have any other concern.

Regards,
Adhi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon