We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible use Syncfusion's OLAP to interact with regular System.Data.Dataset ?

Hi, people.
I have a regular System.Data.Dataset holding 17 DataTables with respectives Data.Relations properly set between them.

How can I use OlapGrid to see this "warehouse container"?
And, after this, is it possible use re result view of OlapGrid to attrib gauges, charts, etc?

Thanks.
Ricardo Ildefonso

3 Replies

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team August 20, 2015 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We could suggest you two ways to establish connection with your flat (relational) datasource.

1. We recommend you to use our Syncfusion SfGrid WPF control for visualizing your Data Tables. Our SfGrid WPF control is designed specifically for this purpose.

2. If you still prefer to use our OLAP control, we recommend you to construct an OLAP Cube from your Data Tables and connect the same with our Syncfusion OLAP Controls.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S

RI Ricardo Ildefonso August 20, 2015 11:20 AM UTC

Thanks, Jesus, for your atention.
I did more tests and realise that we don't have a real big data to Interact.
It is, at greater table, about 1 milion records, and its size is about 90 megabytes.
I just read all data in the memory and we don't have any problem.

Now, to see this data, we need use something like PivotGrid, where it is possible mix several columns from diferentes tables, like city names from one and products sold from another table...

How can I get this? What componente must I use?

Ricardo Ildefonso

VB Vigneshwaran B Syncfusion Team August 21, 2015 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the update.

We suspect that PivotGrid WPF control will be close to your requirement. Please find the UG documentation link of PivotGrid WPF below.
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/index.html#!Documents/overview50.htm

Meanwhile we have prepared a prototype showing data table connected to our PivotGrid. Please find the sample link below.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119969/DataTable_Demo-1155036870.zip

In the sample, we have used a simple database file and we have populated a dataset by getting the desired data from the database using the SQL command. Then the populated dataset has been assigned to the item source of PivotGrid. It is also possible to populate the dataset from different tables by using the appropriate SQL commands.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Vigneshwaran B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon