We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error on Gantt Control

Hello,

We have some problems with Gantt control.
I had Vs-projet for the exemple.

- I setup WeekBeginsOn="Monday" but the scheduler part start the week to Sunday.
- Chart part don't used all the place ( White part on right) 
- I setup StripLine collection with the properties RepeatBehavior = Repeat.Day and RepeatFor = 2 or have a alternative days view. But when I move the task (button Move task - on exemple - for simulate the drag and drop), the chart part are resized and the new stripLines don't displayed.
- I don't need to view Id field on grid part. But I don't find solutions to remove this column. This Column don't exist in Gantt.GanttGrid.Columns collection.
- My customer need to start Gantt to the first Task StartDate. I tried the ScrollGanttChartTo function but the Chart continue to display the "olds" Dates. I also tried to changed Gantt.StartDate property but this solution generate error.

Thank You in advance
Y.

Attachment: Gantt_9a79f378.zip

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team August 12, 2015 05:25 PM UTC

Hi Yoann,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query1: I setup WeekBeginsOn="Monday" but the scheduler part start the week to Sunday.

We have fixed the reported issue and the fix will be available in our upcoming main release.

Query 2: Chart part don't used all the place (White part on right) 

We have fixed the reported issue and the fix will be available in our upcoming main release.

Query3: I setup StripLine collection with the properties RepeatBehavior = Repeat.Day and RepeatFor = 2 or have an alternative days view. But when I move the task (button Move task - on example - for simulate the drag and drop), the chart part are resized and the new stripLines don't displayed.

When we move the task to a particular date, the date must be inside the task collection. The StripLine will not be rendered which value not inside the range of the task collection. We have considered this as defect and analyzing in source level.

We have modified the sample for you reference and please find the sample in the below location.

Sample: Gantt_9a79f378_(2)

Query4: I don't need to view Id field on grid part. But I don't find solutions to remove this column. This Column don't exist in Gantt.GanttGrid.Columns collection.

We can remove the id column in the Gantt grid in the following ways.

1. By not providing the TaskIdMapping while mapping the attributes for the task.
2. If TaskIdMapping is mapped and if you want remove the id column then you can remove the columns in loaded event as in the below code snippet.

[C#]
private void Gantt_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
             Gantt.GanttGrid.InternalGrid.Columns.RemoveAt(1);
             Gantt.GanttGrid.InternalGrid.InvalidateCells();
        }

Query5: I tried the ScrollGanttChartTo function but the Chart continue to display the "olds" Dates. I also tried to change Gantt.StartDate property but this solution generate error.

We have checked the reported issue in your sample and we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Please provide more information with replication steps. It would be helpful for us to serve you better.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Rachel. A

YB Yoann Bulourde August 13, 2015 01:26 PM UTC

Hi 
thanks for reply.

Ok for problems 1 and 2, I will search an alternative solution.

For 3rd problems stripLines are not a good solutions for view vertical days, but I don't found solution by using style properties.

4th problems. My mapping (TaskIdMapping are not map)

<sync:TaskAttributeMapping 
                                               TaskNameMapping="TaskName"
                                               StartDateMapping="StartDate"
                                               FinishDateMapping="FinishDate"
                                               ChildMapping="Child"
                                               DurationMapping="Duration"
                                               ProgressMapping="Progress"                                               
                                               />
            </sync:GanttControl.TaskAttributeMapping>

cf result on attach file. 

5. Scroll perfectly work only if ChartWidth / GridWith are not defined.

Thanks,
Yoann

Attachment: SC01_c16206ad.zip

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team August 14, 2015 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Yoann,

Thanks for the update.

Query: How to remove the first column?

We can achieve your requirement by ShowRowHeader property to false as shown in the below code snippet.

[C#]

private void Gantt_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

Gantt.GanttGrid.ShowRowHeader = false;
        }

Note: If this not your requirement, please more information on the scenario which would be helpful for us to provide better solution.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Rachel. A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon