We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeGrid drag drop tooltip bug & resizing

Some stuff FYI

Case A:

When I have two treegrids, drag tooltip appears to wrong treegrid (even if drag&drop, tooltip is disabled on that grid). In my case content is equal except hierarchy (and of course data is not reference equal). Seems pretty clear bug, see attachments. Drag tooltip is not btw must have feature for me so no panic.

Case B:

If I set size of div before transforming it to treegrid, size appears to be right. But how to do this afterwards? Many options are changeable afterwards by calling setModel but size is not included there. If enableResize is enabled treeGrid is of course resizing automaticly with window but if resizing happens only in dom its not working. My workaround is currently call ejTreeGrid._windowResize() after resizing div and for now it seems to work well but if there is "right way" to do this I am listening since I believe these "_" functions are not planned to be used by user. Btw I am tried about every update* / refresh* etc functions against very difrent kind of scenarios which all need some kind of "updating" but only one which seems to do anything is refreshRow, documentation would be nice.

Attachment: tooltip_resize_daab31d2.zip

3 Replies

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team August 5, 2015 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Niko,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Query 1: When I have two treegrids, drag tooltip appears to wrong treegrid (even if drag&drop, tooltip is disabled on that grid).

Solution: We can also reproduce the reported issue while using multiple TreeGrid when rendering besides. Hence we have also logged an issue report regarding this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Query 2: If I set size of div before transforming it to treegrid, size appears to be right. But how to do this afterwards? Many options are changeable afterwards by calling setModel but size is not included there.

Solution: For Your kind information, at present there is no support to update the size to the TreeGrid through setModel dynamically. As of now we recommend you to use the “_windowResize( )” method to resize the TreeGrid temporarily. We have also logged a feature report to provide support for updating ‘sizeSettings’ property through setModel. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

NA Niko Autio August 7, 2015 07:41 AM UTC

Hi

Also I noticed that when I initialize treegrid under closed Jquery-UI tab, its hidden when opening tab, this can be also fix with calling _windowResize(). So somekind of refreshView() would be necesarry since problem is not always related to resizing...

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2015 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Niko,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

For your kind information, we can render treegrid inside Tab control without any alignment issues. For that we need to declare the TreeGrid container inside a simple div instead of a direct declarification. And also we need to initialize the treegrid using “itemActive” client side event of ejTab to avoid some alignment mismatch issues. Please find the below code snippet for details.

<div id="defaultTab">

<ul>

<li><a rel='nofollow' href="#Tab1">Chart</a></li>

<li><a rel='nofollow' href="#Tab2">TreeGrid</a></li>

</ul>

<div id="Tab1">

</div>

<div id="Tab2">

<div id="TreeGrid"></div>

</div>

</div>

//…

<script type="text/javascript">

//…

$(function () {

$("#Tab1").ejChart();

$("#defaultTab").ejTab({

selectedItemIndex: 0,

itemActive: beforeActive

});

function beforeActive(args) {

if (args.activeIndex == 1) {

var treeGridObj = $("#TreeGrid").data("ejTreeGrid");

if (treeGridObj)

return true;

$("#TreeGrid").ejTreeGrid({

//…

});

}

}

});

</script>

We have also prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location.

Sample: http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/Sync_bwm23vju

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon