We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeNodeAdv having different edited text from display?

I want to display additional information in a tree node to that which can be edited. I can change the text of the node in the BeginEdit event, and back again in the NodeEditorValidated event, but I can''t seem to detect a cancel of the editing (if the user starts editing and presses escape). What do I need to do to have different text while editing? Thanks, Sue

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

Hi Sue, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Presently we do not have any API to detect the edit cancellation. We have considered this as a feature request and plan to incorporate a EditCancel event which gets fired in such a scenario. We appreciate your feedback very much. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

Hi Sue, We have internally made a small fix, such that the TreeViewAdv will now let you show custom text in the editor when the user begins to edit a node. This is how you would have to go about it. Please note that this does not work in the present version, but will do so from the next release of Essential Suite. 1) Listen to the BeforeEdit event. 2) The TextBox property of the args will let you specify a cutom text on the textbox. 3) If the user cancels editing, the TreeViewAdv will automatically restore the old node’s text. 4) If the user confirms change, the NodeEditorValidated will let the user to specify a custom text for the node. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 01:58 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Excellent, that sounds like just what I need. Are you still planning to add the EditCancel event at some point? Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Sue, Since we already have an alternate implementation in place now, I am afraid, we might not include an ''EditCancel'' like event. Please let me know if you have any suggestions in this regard. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 12:38 AM UTC

Hi Guru, I feel that implementing the EditCancel like event would give the TreeViewAdv control a more full feature set. The alternate implementation is exactly what I need at the moment and a perfect solution for the problem mentioned. However, someone else in the future may need to detect the leaving editing mode for some other purpose (Maybe they want to change the controls backcolour while in edit mode). I suggest that it would be of great benefit in the long term for the TreeViewAdv users to have this event, even if it can''t be included in the next release. Regards, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Sue, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I have forwarded your suggestion to the development team and will update you as soon as they get back to me. We appreciate your continued support for Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Sue, This suggestion has been considered as a feature request and a QA report #436 has been logged in this regard. Though I am unable to promise you any turnaround time, we will try our very best to accomodate your request in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CH Christian December 5, 2005 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I have the same needs and problems as Sue at the beginning of this thread. I''m now using version 3.3.0.0. The fix you mentioned does not work. I set the TextBox.Text property at the BeforeEdit event to the text which should be edited. Nevertheless, the text of the node''s text property is displayed in the textbox. Changing the node''s text property at BeforeEdit works, but if editing is cancelled, there is no way back because of the missing event! I could not find a report #436 matching with this issue. Is the number wrong? What is the state of this issue? I''m urgently need this cancel event. Otherwise, I cannot use the editing feature, and my customer will be very unhappy. Thank You, Christian

SH Sue Harris December 5, 2005 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Christian, The issue was fixed as mentioned, unfortunately they broke it in the 3.3.0.0 release. It has (I think) been fixed in one of the patch releases. See this issue for more details: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=727 Cheers, Sue

SH Sue Harris December 5, 2005 11:29 PM UTC

Actually, I mispoke - the feature request was never fulfilled, and does appear to have disappeared completely. The issue I refered to in my previous post was changing the text via the Text property in the event. Syncfusion - I *still* think it was a good feature request, please add it back. Sue

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team December 6, 2005 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Sue, I have opened a feature request (feature# 600) .We will try our best to implement this at the earliest. You can track the status of feature here. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=600 Feature Request #600 - Add EditCancel event to detect cancellation of label''s edit mode . We will inform you as soon as this feature request is addressed. Thanks for your patience and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Deepa.T.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon