We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Verify if checbox is checked in GridCheckBoxColumn (SfDataGrid)

Hi,
simply I have SfDataGrid:
1)first column: GridCheckBoxColumn
2)second column: GridTextColumn (surname)
I would find which are the checkboxes checked and (If are checked) save the surname associated.
What event can I use?How I could do?
Thanks in advance

Andrea from Turin(Italy)

7 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team July 29, 2015 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed your queries.

Query 1: I would find which are the checkboxes checked and (If are checked) save the surname associated.
Query 2: What event can I use? How I could do?

You can save the surname by looping the underlying collection. You can use CurrentCellValueChangedEvent to get the cell value when click on CheckBox by resolving.

We have prepared a sample. You can download the sample from the following location.

Sample location : SimpleApplication

Please provide more information about the queries like do you want save the surname when the Checkbox is checked in FirstColumn or looping the cells in Checkbox column and save the surname based on CheckBox. It would be better to provide the prompt solution.

Please let us know, if you have any concern

Regards,

Jayaleshwari N.

AF andrea fanara July 30, 2015 06:40 AM UTC

Thanks Jayaleshwari!
I have another question: for checked the checkbox (when the datas are loaded) in same position of the name how can we do?

Andrea

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team July 31, 2015 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

We have analyzed your query “for checked the checkbox (when the datas are loaded) in same position of the name how can we do?”.
You can achieve you requirement by looping the SfDataGrid.View.Records colletion.
We have modified the sample based on your requirement. You can download the sample from the following location.

Sample location: SimpleApplication

Please let us know, if this solution helps.

Regards,

Jayaleshwari N.

AF andrea fanara August 3, 2015 09:55 AM UTC

Thanks Jayaleshwar,but I don't understand how I could select the checkbox in SfDataGrid.
For example I have three names: Marco, Luca, Francesco. In the first column I have the GridCheckBoxColumn and in the second column the GridTextColumn:for example I would have selected the first checkbox (related to Marco) and the last (related Francesco) like this

|  checbox  |  Name  |
        x            Marco
                       Luca
        x         Francesco

But for make this I don't know which cycle in sfDataGrid I must to use and how I can select the correctly checkbox.

Thanks for all!
Andrea

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team August 4, 2015 11:39 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

We have analyzed your query “how I could select the checkbox in SfDataGrid”. We didn’t get your requirement clearly.  We thought that your requirement will be in the following scenarios.

1.    Select the rows that has been checked while loading.
2.    At run time while check the check box column select the row, uncheck  column will unselect the row.

We have prepared the sample with above cases. You can download the sample from the following location.

Sample location: SimpleApplication

If we misunderstood your requirement, could you please provide the more information about your requirement. It would be better to provide a prompt solution.

Please let us know if this helps you.

Regards,

Jayaleshwari N.

AF andrea fanara August 24, 2015 03:06 PM UTC

Thanks Jayaleshwari N. For make selection of the rows in my grid, your script is perfect, but I have in every rows of the grid a GridCheckBoxColumn.
How can I do for check of the CHECK BOX fields in my grid?
Maybe with "IsThreeState" attribute I can do this, but I have tried and I don't know how use it.

Thanks in advance
Andrea

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team August 26, 2015 02:17 AM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the update.

We have analyzed your query. We don’t understand your requirement clearly from the query “How can I do for check of the CHECK BOX fields in my grid? Could you please share the more details about your query? This would be more helpful for us to provide the prompt solution.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon