We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Toolbar Position Not Restored.

Hi, I am having trouble with persisting the state of toolbars. The problem can be seen using the example application - XPMenus. Simply run the application and notice that the toolbars are on different lines. When the toolbars are moved so they are next to each other the next time you run the application they will be on different lines again. The problem is even worse when there are 3 toolbars as each of them is placed on it''s own line, so there are 3 rows of toolbars when the application is restarted! I have attached some screenshots to illustrate my problem. Thanks, Nik. PS. I am using 2.0 RC1 SFToolbars_5189.zip

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Nik, Please try the following steps : 1. Clear the contents of the IsolatedStorage folder present in the directory ...\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage 2. Set the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoPersistCustomization Property to true Now test your application and let me know how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

NV Nik Vale March 19, 2004 06:53 PM UTC

Sorry, that didn''t seem to help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Nik, The poor ToolBar positioning when the MainFrameBarManager''s ThemesEnabled is true is a known shortcoming and we have an open QA report #428 in this regard. I have update this with your feedback, and hence have upped the priority of the QA report. We will try our best to take care of this issue gat the earliest. As a workaround you could use the AppStateSerializer to load a saved ToolBar layout when the application loads up. To do this, first run the application and position the ToolBars to create any desired layout. Now close this application. This invokes the SaveBarState method in the mainform''s Closing event handler which saves this layout. In the Form''s Load event handler, invoke the LoadBarState method which will load the persisted layout information when the application starts up. Please refer to the sample attached that illustrates this. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

NV Nik Vale March 22, 2004 04:07 PM UTC

Guru, Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately I was unable to get your workaround to work in my application. I tried your sample application and even that didn''t always work correctly. I look forward to seeing the bug fixed in the near future. Thanks again, Nik

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 04:49 PM UTC

Hi Nik, Thanks for the update. I will notify you when the above QA issue is taken care of. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

NV Nik Vale April 12, 2004 01:40 PM UTC

Guru, Do you know whether or not this issue is going to be fixed in Friday''s final Release? Thanks. Nik

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 01:13 AM UTC

Hi Nik, I am afraid, this issue is yet to be addressed. I have upped the priority of this QA and have also notified the development team in this regard. Although I am unable to promise you any turnaround time for this issue, but rest assured, we will do our very best to take care of this at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon