We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Requirements FileFormats

Dear Syncfusion-Team,

we are looking for a component that converts office-documents (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx) to pdf. We found your product, Syncfusion FileFormats.

I'm able to convert most formats except ppt - here I'm retrieving the error "Wrong presentation version". Will this be supported in the future?

I still have another question: I could not found anything about requirements. We would like to use it in a server-application without MS Office. Is the installation of MS Office required or does it work standalone?

Looking forward to your answer,

Yours sincerely,

Simon Siefert

9 Replies

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team July 22, 2015 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Simon,
Thank you for using Syncfusion product.
At present we provide support for PPTX file format alone and we don’t have support to PPT file format. The PPTX is the default file extension for saving files in PowerPoint 2007 and later editions. We have plans to implement support for “PPT” file format in the near future but we cannot be able to provide you with concrete timeline at the moment. We have raised a feature request for your requirement. You can able to track the feature progress through this below feature link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/F119678

Is the installation of MS Office required or does it work standalone?
It is standalone and does not require MS Office installation.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,
Devisri

JS Joseph Schwartz replied to Devisri Jothi March 31, 2017 07:27 PM UTC

Hi Simon,
Thank you for using Syncfusion product.
At present we provide support for PPTX file format alone and we don’t have support to PPT file format. The PPTX is the default file extension for saving files in PowerPoint 2007 and later editions. We have plans to implement support for “PPT” file format in the near future but we cannot be able to provide you with concrete timeline at the moment. We have raised a feature request for your requirement. You can able to track the feature progress through this below feature link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/F119678

Is the installation of MS Office required or does it work standalone?
It is standalone and does not require MS Office installation.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,
Devisri

Is there any update on this feature request. When I click on the link, it leads to a generic page with no information on this feature request. Thanks,

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Joseph,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

At the moment, we do not have immediate plans to provide Support for PPT file format in Presentation library. We have already logged this as a feature request in our database.   

We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature related updates. 

Sorry, the link was wrongly updated here, the feature is logged in our database under that link which is for internal follow up. 

Work Around for PPT file format  
You can use B2X translator to convert Microsoft Office binary file format(.PPT) to Office Open XML standard format(.PPTX). This translator is an open source project that can be used as a work around for Office binary formats interoperability. 

UG documentation  
You may refer the following online UG documentation to know more about supported features:  

Please let me know if you have any question.  

Thanks,  
Devisri  

DA Dan Amiga November 23, 2017 09:13 AM UTC

I'm trying to understand if support for PPT format has been added since April. 

Please advise.

-- Dan

RM Ramaraj Marimuthu Syncfusion Team November 23, 2017 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We regret to let you know that, we are not be able to commit on a definite date to implement this feature requests at this juncture.

Please let us know if you need any further assistances in this.

Regards,
Ramaraj Marimuthu

TN Tom Nicholas December 5, 2018 10:35 PM UTC

Any thoughts on just providing a converter for .ppt to .pptx.  I've looked around a bit and cannot find a way to accomplish that programmatically.

PK Prakash Kumar D Syncfusion Team December 6, 2018 07:29 AM UTC

Hi Tom, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We regret to let you know that, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature.   At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features.  We will let you know when this feature is implemented. 

Regards, 
Prakash Kumar 

RH rider huynh replied to Prakash Kumar D September 16, 2022 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Prakash Kumar and Syncfusion team,

Do we have a plan for the PPT file? In the latest version 20.2.0.49 we were unable to open it. 

Please let me know if this feature is implemented.

Thanks & Best Regards ,

Rider

AN Anto Nihil Sahaya Raj Syncfusion Team September 19, 2022 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Rider,

We regret to let you know that at present we are providing support for .PPTX, .PPTM, .POTX, .POTM file formats only and we don’t have support for PPT file format. Since this is an older file format and Microsoft PowerPoint also continuously improving the latest PPTX file format only. So, we do not have any plan to implement support for the PPT file format in Syncfusion Presentation library.

However, kindly update your documents to PPTX file format using Microsoft PowerPoint and use those documents in Syncfusion Presentation library.

Regards,
Anto Nihil S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon